countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry
Profile for Moe Sasseville > Reviews

Content by Moe Sasseville

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Moe Sasseville "Moester" (Montreal, QC, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Tom Clancy's End War (Fr/Eng manual) - Xbox 360
Tom Clancy's End War (Fr/Eng manual) - Xbox 360
33 used & new from CDN$ 1.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but poorly executed with extremely shallow gameplay., June 26 2009
This game was a good idea. But its basically just a game of rock-paper-scissors with military units. Shallow gameplay with a weak story (I mean come on! Neo-Commy Russians?!?!) make this game a waste of cash for me.

Dexter: The Complete Third Season
Dexter: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Michael C. Hall
Offered by EVDV
Price: CDN$ 24.49
54 used & new from CDN$ 1.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series easy to get into., June 16 2009
I think that the strength of this series is the supporting cast. In the center is Dexter a character who more or less has nothing going for him, after all he's a serial killer, a beast who is slowly becoming more human. Yet I find it difficult to associate with a character who struggles to understand humanity. But the supporting characters are strong and bring nuance to the series. There isn't much to dislike in the series, the scripting and acting are both strong, and there is sufficient humor to keep things from getting too dark. All in all, I recommend this series.

Call of Duty: World at War - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: World at War - Xbox 360
Offered by Deal Tavern USA
Price: CDN$ 26.92
63 used & new from CDN$ 6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars So many good things, June 16 2009
This game gives you quite a few things to do all of which are great fun. You have a challenging single player game you can attempt cooperatively with a friend. You have a great multi-player with great maps, and a Zombie mode which gives the game a whole other level.

This is on par with Modern Warfare by doing things a little differently and coming out with a great individual package.

Burn Notice: The Complete Second Season
Burn Notice: The Complete Second Season
DVD ~ Jeffrey Donovan
Price: CDN$ 10.00
30 used & new from CDN$ 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first season, June 16 2009
This show just keeps getting better. This second season builds on the strengths of the first season the chemistry of the cast is obvious from the beginning. This show has an incredible mix of action, comedy and drama. As far as I'm concerned its probably the best show nobody knows about north of the border.

Front Mission - Nintendo DS
Front Mission - Nintendo DS
10 used & new from CDN$ 49.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great update on a classic title., June 16 2009
This is probably the best tactical game on the DS. There is lots of value in the title, well over 30 hours of game play. I don't recommend this game unless you are a fan of the Anime or Mecha genre as it is a niche title.

The Lost Fleet: Relentless
The Lost Fleet: Relentless
by Jack Campbell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.98
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the series so far., June 16 2009
I must say that I have enjoyed this series from the first novel, but I have been a little critical about the length of the novels up to now. This finally ties up a lot of the loose ends from previous novels and has great pacing. The best thing is that this is the fifth book of a planned series of six novels. I highly recommend this series, and this book in particular.

Burn Notice: The Complete First Season (Sous-titres français) [Import]
Burn Notice: The Complete First Season (Sous-titres français) [Import]
DVD ~ Jeffrey Donovan
Offered by Sea2SkyCanada
Price: CDN$ 45.95
40 used & new from CDN$ 1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new series in years., May 17 2009
I just bought this series as I am a fan of Jeffrey Donovan. I was happy to see him finally get a leading role in a series. I was impressed by how good the series is. This series has a wonderful mix of humour and action that is supported by the entire class. Bruce Campbell and Gabrielle Anwar are both scene stealers. This series manages to stay away from clichés and has yet to get stale. A very worthy addition to anyone's DVD collection. I can't reccomend this series enough.

Write Great Fiction - Plot & Structure
Write Great Fiction - Plot & Structure
by James Scott Bell
Price: CDN$ 18.47
50 used & new from CDN$ 11.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for the aspiring author, March 30 2009
This book gives you not only several good pointers on how to write, but it also helps get you in the mood to write. I would have liked to have a little bit more help on how to structure ideas and an example of an outline would have been nice; but I was satisfied with the overall quality of the book.

RUN FATBOY RUN
RUN FATBOY RUN
DVD ~ Simon Pegg
Price: CDN$ 9.00
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, March 30 2009
This review is from: RUN FATBOY RUN (DVD)
Probably one of the smartest comedies I have seen in a very long time. While Pegg's character is willingly dumb, those around him are very sharp and witty. You feel bad for Denis (Pegg) who is forced to compete with seemingly everyone around him who is in better shape either physically or mentally than he is. The movie is a great metaphor for the typical father who tries hard, but just can't seem to get it right.

A light, yet touching movie that I am very glad to have part of my collection.

The Icarus Hunt
The Icarus Hunt
by Timothy Zahn
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.48
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Among Zahn's most entertaining pieces, March 11 2009
I have always found the first person narrative form very difficult to like, in most cases, the hero comes out looking like a blowhard, or very vain. In this case; the hero has a good mix of self-deprecation and humor that makes him very human indeed.

This book a fast paced mix of light mystery and of sci-fi adventure. Those used to reading mystery novels will be able to putt all the strings together rather quickly while the uninitiated will be sucked in by Zahn's misdirection. I myself tend to not try and over-think my reads as its entertainment and I like to go where the author takes me, which lead me to be pleasantly surprised by the few twists and turns of the story.

What really sold me on this book was how fluid it is, its very easy to be engrossed in. The novel has a appeal that keeps you going from page to page easily and in my case, with a certain amount of anticipation. This book to me was quite the page turner, and even years after first reading it; it still has be reaching for my copy.

This book shows why Zahn is easily recognized as one of the best in the field of sci-fi. Quite desevering of all the accolades he has received over the years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8