countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for K. P. Siu > Reviews

Content by K. P. Siu

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. P. Siu (Toronto, ON)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony MDRV6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil
Sony MDRV6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil
Offered by Duty Free Shop
Price: CDN$ 160.69
28 used & new from CDN$ 149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best headphones in this price range., March 28 2016
This is the best pair of headphones I have owned, though not for a lack of trying. I bought these more than 8 years ago, and I'm back to write this review to say that these are the ones you should buy. I was recently in the market for new headphones, thinking an "upgrade" was in order, and perhaps my MDR-V6s were a little worse for wear after almost a decade of use (though not the sound quality). Having done a lot of listening, I can confidently say that these headphones are more crisp and have better sound (particularly mid-range clarity) than anything that Sennheiser or Bose can throw at it sub-$300. These headphones have indeed made me a little bit spoiled in the bang-for-the-buck department.

I do second the various reviewers who recommend replacing the default pads with something nicer (the Beyerdynamic ones or the other aftermarket ones are all probably nicer than the default plastic/foam pads). With the money you save from buying these instead of the Sennheisers, this should be no problem.

Front U Brake for Cycling Road Bike Fixie Metal Rubber Black Outdoor
Front U Brake for Cycling Road Bike Fixie Metal Rubber Black Outdoor
3 used & new from CDN$ 7.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product, Oct. 31 2015
You get what you pay for - here, not much. The brake pads are flimsy and thin. The spring doesn't look like it will stay on for very long. The little plastic tab that allows you to adjust the calipers is crappy and frankly ugly. It works, but I would not risk my bike on these if I were you. I ended up buying SRAM Apex brakes to replace these.

ARCTIC Alpine 11 Pro Rev. 2 CPU Cooler-Intel, Supports Multiple Sockets, 92mm PWM Fan at 23dBA
Price: CDN$ 19.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 17.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great silent fan, Oct. 31 2015
This fan is quiet - almost too quiet, as I had to check a few times to make sure it was running. It's a great replacement for my stock fan which was not doing a great job cooling and was very loud. This fan lowered my CPU temp about 15C and is truly silent. I did have a slight problem installing in the recommended orientation because my RAM slots were a little too close to the CPU (on an ASUS motherboard) - I installed it rotated 90 degrees and I have had no problems with it.

Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Urban Road Bike
Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Urban Road Bike
Price: CDN$ 219.99 - CDN$ 656.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price - not bad for customization., Sept. 1 2015
I bought this as a (relatively) cheap and good looking city bike, and it's perfect for the job. Assembly took a bit of time (particularly getting the pedals in right and properly tightened), but once assembled it was a joy to ride. The gear ratio is just about right for city riding - you can go at a leisurely pace, or go fast without breaking your legs if you want. As others mentioned, the paint tends to chip off a little bit if you bang it against stuff (bike posts, other bikes, curbs), which is probably the only real problem with the frame.

I made a bunch of modifications to the bike, including getting new bullhorn handlebars, new flat BMX-style pedals with a nicer pedal strap, and a new seat. At a minimum, you'll probably want to replace the seat and the pedals on this thing because the ones it came with are functional but definitely uncomfortable at more than a short distance. You might also want to add front brakes (odd that it only came with rear brakes). When customized though, it can look absolutely great. I went with an all-matte-black look, which turned out quite nicely (see picture attached). I was happy to be able to take off the "Critical" stickers to have a clean look (peeled off with no problem for me, but if it leaves any residue, try using some rubbing alcohol or disinfecting wipes to rub it off).

With full customization, I estimate that I spent about C$350 for a bike with good parts I liked and a great look, which is still about the same or cheaper than the next closest bike in this range (e.g. any of the $350-$450 offerings from PureFix, Vilano, or State Bicycles). Not a bad choice if you like fiddling around with your bike.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CableJive Microstubz Charge and Sync Cable Compatible with Android Phones Including Samsung Galaxy, Note, Blackberry, Windows, Nexus, Extra Short USB to Micro USB, 7Cm
Offered by CableJive LLC
Price: CDN$ 6.95
7 used & new from CDN$ 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, great portable cable., Aug. 28 2015
Very handy and sturdy product, well worth the price. I kept breaking USB cables for my phones (accidental pocket-squishing, or too much cable-tugging). This short little cable does a great job because of its form factor, making it hard to randomly tug, and is the perfect length for a short "U" between a portable battery charger and phone if you stack them on top of each other, which is how I use this. Has lasted over a year in rough use.

Baleaf Men's 3D Padded Coolmax Bicycle Cycling Underwear Shorts M
Baleaf Men's 3D Padded Coolmax Bicycle Cycling Underwear Shorts M
Offered by Baleaf Sport
Price: CDN$ 43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts for biking, Aug. 28 2015
Great shorts. Fits well - M seems to match North American sizes for me. Padding is very comfortable - better than some brand name ones from stores. Nice enough to wear under your shorts all day while biking in the city.

SODIAL(R) Road Bike Bicycle Cork Handlebar Bar Grip Wrap Tape + 2 Bar Plugs-Yellow
Offered by Happy Planet(Ships From HONGKONG)
Price: CDN$ 3.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price - some caveats., Aug. 28 2015
Got this handlebar tape to match the yellow highlights on my girlfriend's bike. This was far cheaper than the ones in store (generally about $20). Feels just like most cork-type handlebar tape - not too grippy but provides a bit of padding for the hands. The colour looks pretty much exactly as the photo.

Two things to note: the tape does not come with a "sticky" side like most of the other handlebar tapes I have bought. You can probably still apply it without any problems provided you use a bit of tension, however, I used some double sided tape in the application which helps it hold better. In addition, the bar end caps that came with this had a strange logo of a roll of tape on it (see photo). I opted to use other end caps I had lying around. All in all, not bad for the price.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dual LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand Heavy Duty Fully Adjustable fits 2 /Two Screens up to 27" ~ (by VIVO)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and effective, Aug. 13 2014
Bought this for dual 24" Asus VG248QEs, which are probably on the heavier end for monitors, but the stand had no problems with them at all. Really sturdy even on an old IKEA desk. The adjustability is great. I can swing my monitors in all directions and bring it closer or further easily. Saved me a ton of desk space. Would recommend. One feature I would havr liked ks the ability to adjust height more easily, but it's not a significant problem especially at this price. Definitely better than the ones you get in the big box stores.

Fosmon Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield film for the HTC One M7 - 3 Pack (Fosmon Retail Packaging)
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 5.40
2 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars but this one was actually better than any others I have used, July 21 2014
Was skeptical at first because I usually use a wet-apply screen protector (like the Invisible Shield and others), but this one was actually better than any others I have used. It is a great thickness and extremely durable. Each should last 9-12 months with heavy abuse (i.e. keys in pockets) before replacement. Since it comes in a pack of three you should never need another screen protector. It was also "crystal clear" as advertised - you would not know there was a screen protector unless you looked very closely. The feel of the screen protector was very glass-like and smooth.

Perixx MX-2000B, Programmable Gaming Laser Mouse - 8 Programmable Button & 4 User Profile - Omron Micro Switches - Gold-plated USB Connector - Braided Fiber Cable - Avago 5600DPI ADNS-9500 Laser Sensor - DPI Switch 100-5600 - Weight Tuning Cartridge - Ultra Polling 1000HZ -Black
Offered by Perixx CA
Price: CDN$ 49.90
5 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great gaming mouse that can match up to the Razers ..., July 21 2014
This is a great gaming mouse that can match up to the Razers of the world without the hefty price tag. Just make sure you pair it with a good mouse pad.

Page: 1 | 2