countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for ericp > Reviews

Content by ericp

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

ericp

Uniden Handheld Scanner, Black (BC75XLT)
Uniden Handheld Scanner, Black (BC75XLT)
Offered by MAS TECNOLOGIA
Price: CDN$ 104.65
40 used & new from CDN$ 95.23

3.0 out of 5 stars My son calls me an airport stalker. I spend ..., June 17 2016
My son calls me an airport stalker. I spend a lot of time at the local airport (YNJ) sitting at a picnic table reading a book and watching planes come and go. I decided that I wanted to listen in on conversations between the tower and the pilots. After figuring out how to do this, the unit works well in this regard. I gave it a 3 because I found the instructions incomplete and more importantly, it eats batteries. I had to renew the batteries today after about 8 hours. Time to buy some batteries that I can re-charge.

Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington.
by Sharyl Attkisson
Price: CDN$ 32.78
39 used & new from CDN$ 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read that I difficulty putting down, May 16 2015
A good read that I difficulty putting down. Although there appears to be some sour grapes involved (and I wouldn't blame her in the least), if nothing else this book is making me view "the news" from a different perspective, a very cynical one.

Black & Decker PHV1810 18-Volt Compact Pivoting Hand Vac
Black & Decker PHV1810 18-Volt Compact Pivoting Hand Vac
Price: CDN$ 84.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great. My cat would probably rate it as a ..., Oct. 17 2014
I bought this hand vacuum mostly to pick up stray cat litter tracked around the house between proper vacuuming. Works great. My cat would probably rate it as a 1 however.

Separation of Power
Separation of Power
by Vince Flynn
Price: CDN$ 17.00
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, June 14 2014
This review is from: Separation of Power (Paperback)
I stumbled across a Vince Flynn novel at my local library. Loved it, and decided to read all of his Mitch Rapp stories in the proper order. Unfortunately the library didn't have this one in stock, so I had to buy my own copy (which I have since donated to the library. Separation of Power is a typical Vince Flynn thriller. Good guy versus bad guy, and a little over the top sometimes, but OK by me as long as the good guy wins. Not recommended if you don't like violence. Vince unfortunately passed at the age of 47.

Woodstock Chimes Asli Arts Collection Woven Hat Bamboo Chime
Woodstock Chimes Asli Arts Collection Woven Hat Bamboo Chime
Price: CDN$ 35.86
8 used & new from CDN$ 35.86

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a love/hate relationship with bamboo, June 14 2014
I love the sound of bamboo chimes. My only disappointment in this product is that the "hat" doesn't sit straight. I hate the miniature bamboo that has invaded my rock garden.

Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer (Chrome and Black)
Price: CDN$ 329.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 296.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, May 22 2012
I bought a juicer many years ago with the intention of using it every day. That lasted about a week. Then I used it once per week. Then not at all. This was based soley on how difficult it was to clean. My new J8005 on the other hand, is a breeze to clean. 5 minutes tops. I am very happy with this product, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.