May 28, 2019
I was stoked about this book and my expectations were not met at ALL! I did expect an intelligent read, and I did get that. I had 'hoped' it would give me more hope, and that is not the message at all. After you read the book, you understand how the title and sub title actually do mean the same thing.

Compared to Mark Manson's first book, The Subtle Art..., this read is a lot more theoretical with less personal view on the world. His thoughts to the issue are EXACTLY what our society needs at this time. The read was a lot more intense and for sure not a quick one. There is so much to take in and I know even after completing it, I will find myself referring back to sections many times in the future so I can make choices in my life while knowing and understanding how the human psyche works.

The various concerns about the cover title and the use of vulgaritiy - I was never worried about it, though this book isn't a flush with it as was his first book. His intention for shocking language is used to shock the reader to really grasp the intensity of the realities we face.

A great read and I encourage anyone who finds they reach their goals and never finds the happiness they expect with it will learn to understand why that is.

Well done Mark. I appreciate the effort and message you have stretched your neck out to share.
review image