Reviewed in Canada on March 15, 2018
Excellent follow up to Book 1! I loved to see characters we got to know in The Alchemists' Council at a totally different point in their lives, with different motivations and personalities. The two books together give a vivid and thorough picture of the characters and their motivations as well as the worlds of the Alchemists' Council and Flaw Dimension. Rich storytelling and intelligent well-connected plot that carries through from book one and nods to the real-world history going on during the years the book is set. It's a prequel in a way, but it really is a sequel even though it goes back in time in the storyline. What's time to a member of the Alchemists' Council? At first I was worried I'd miss the characters from book one, but the change in time is actually a boon that makes this a refreshing take on the usual linear fantasy trilogy and really fleshes out the world and the motivations of characters that live for hundreds of years for the reader. If I could mutually conjoin with this book, I would!
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink