December 19, 2018
This is by far the prettiest Pokemon game ever made. It is SO nice to see all my favourite Pokemon, who have been my pixelated friends for years, finally come to life with interactive, full animation.

That wears off pretty quick though.

It didn't take long before I was totally zoned out while playing, just mindlessly running along like a zombie, catching everything I saw, and battling every trainer I came across. It wasn't long after that, that I started to feel really, really, really bored, and it actually became a chore to play, trying to make it to the city where Let's Go and Pokemon Go can finally interact. It wasn't long after that, that I realized, compared to Sun and Moon, this game is absolutely terrible.

The plot is so painfully thin you forget there is one most of the time, and the game quickly becomes nothing but catch, catch, catch, battle, battle, battle, battle, catch, catch, battle, battle, battle, battle.

I would say Sun and Moon easily have 10x as much plot, and 25x as much content as this game ... and they cost $30 less. Very, very, very disappointed.
6 people found this helpful