January 23, 2018
I have found the Scanmarker Air to be an excellent tool for capturing quotes for research projects and for course preparation. The software interfaces very well with Microsoft Word and with little practice it is easy to get the right motion for accurately capturing a line of text. The flatter the page, the easier it is to achieve a smooth flow and achieve an accurate scan. The more curved or marked up a book page is, the greater the potential for scanning errors.

The support team at Scanmarker is exceptional. After several months of dependable performance by my Scanmarker Air, an upgrade of my computer operating system made the Scanmarker software incompatible. This required me to remove the software since it would freeze my computer. Scanmarker support was very quick to respond to my inquiry and worked diligently with me to resolve this issue. They were professional and timely in every response. In all honesty, my experience with Scanmarker support is one of the best experiences I have ever had with tech support at a distance.

They were also kind to replace my dongle that had been damaged - free of charge. My only recommendation to an already great product, would be to make the case of the dongle stronger and larger to facilitate greater ease of removal from the USB port. The Scanmarker Air is a product worth having and Scanmarker is a company worthy of accolades. They both have my recommendation.
2 people found this helpful