countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 26, 2017
Gritty, bluesy book, written as autobiography. If it's all true, what a life! What a family! It was hard to put down, so I read it in one sitting. Then, it was hard to get out of the mindset. Now, I'm about to read the prequel: "Half Broke Horses". Jeannette Walls has me hooked.
on May 4, 2017
Great book.
on April 3, 2016
Arrived quickly and the book itself has me hooked. Can not put down!
on May 11, 2017
Was as described and fast shipping loved the book.
on April 10, 2017
This is one of the best books I have ever read. Sad to think this was someones real life. I would definitely recommend it.
on March 15, 2017
I have bought so many copies of this book. Everytime I lend it out it seems to go astray :)
on April 21, 2017
A fun read! Lighthearted and entertaining!
on April 15, 2017
jannette is a great writer she keeps you glued to the books can,t put them down
on October 25, 2014
Great story that was well written.
on August 6, 2007
I have always enjoyed memoirs and have read several that were quite memorable, but "The Glass Castle" tops them all. I started the book in the afternoon and had it finished within a few hours because I simply could not put it down for any length of time. Besides having led an extraordinary life, Jeannette Walls has an impeccable way with words. She evoked frustration, shock, joy, and anger in me through recounting the often bizarre circumstances of her past, but she never evokes or encourages pity at any time throughout the book. I felt satisfied when I came to the end of "The Glass Castle", which doesn't happen very often and is a real treat. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to read, regardless of whether or not you enjoy memoirs.