countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 7, 2015
This book from the popular webcomic The Oatmeal is, frankly, hilarious. Full of illustrated anecdotes and stories that are equal parts funny, endearing and somewhat disturbing, it'll have you gasping in horror and breaking out into laughter at the same time. If you're a fan of cats or own one yourself, you'll like recognise some of the downright terrifying behaviours that make us love our pets even more.

His art style really contributes to the humour, drawing the silliness out of absurd and common situations alike. Would recommend this to anyone with a funny bone and a love of animals!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 14, 2015
This is a must read if you're a cat lover or for that matter a must read for anyone that likes to laugh and laugh out loud you will. It's hysterical and cleverly written and will not disappoint. It a page turner and in no time you'll be finished reading it and it will leave you wanting more.
on December 1, 2015
bought this as a gift for the cat lover in my family. The book has been read by more than just the recipient. Very entertaining and we all had a lot of laughs while reading and sharing the different stories in the book. Good buy for an animal lover as well as a cat lover.
on July 21, 2015
Another great publication from The Oatmeal! His views on the everyday are amazing and so funny! Plus he throws in tidbits of facts that are delivered in the most entertaining ways! Even if you don't own a cat, don't let that stop you from reading this one. Well worth it!
on January 12, 2015
My sister is on her way to become a crazy cat lady and I try to encourage her down this path whenever I can. She laughed at the title and enjoyed the book.

The book is a little light. But be honest, this isn't supposed to be War and Peace. It's a book to add to the library of cat lovers everywhere.
This book is a book about cats. How to tell if your cats is plotting to kill you (start), how to tell if your cat is gay (end), and what Bob the cat would do at the office (middle). The first and last parts are classic Oatmeal gags that remind me of the demotivational posters that you find on the Internet. I really enjoyed those parts, five stars. The middle part about Bob the cat at the office was a little over the top, and reminded me of Dilbert crossed with maybe South Park. Or something way out there. Maybe it's because I don't work in an office any more, but I didn't really enjoy the middle as much, so I'd give it 3 stars. It does have a nice poster at the end of the book, but I do wish the book was a little longer and the jokes were a little more varied.

Overall then, this is a four-star book for me. For Oatmeal fans, it's definitely at least that. For cat lovers, it's also probably at least that. As I said, the whole book is basically a series of cat jokes. I've had a good cat and two psycho cats, which is why I'm not a big cat lover and which is why I probably enjoyed the humor in this book. So if you like cats or Oatmeal, this is probably a safe buy. If you're looking for general humor and don't like Dilbert or cats, then this is probably not the book for you. Even then though, you should probably at least sneak a peak from a friend or something because the first and last parts of this book are very funny!
on June 21, 2013
As a cat owner myself I laughed and howled out loud reading some of the things in this book. Not everything is a thigh slapper, but most things are. Sometimes we need some humor and comedy in life, and this book certainly delivers. And as funny as his writing and caricatures are, you actually wonder if this is how your cat thinks and really sees you!
on July 28, 2016
I got this for my sister as a present. She is 13 and I though it would be a funny book that would relate to our cat. It may say it in the description and I didnt read close enough, but it does have some swear words. Its not super inappropriate but I wouldnt have bought it for her if knew. This book was really fun non the less.
on November 2, 2012
the oatmeal once again hammers it home with a very humorous and insightful look into the world of cats. i have followed this guy for years and am always happen to see new stuff coming from him. this is just another example of his fine work
purchase is a must
on January 7, 2013
Having grown up with pet cats, my adult daughter now has two cats of her own and appreciates how cats SEEM TO think. LOL She greatly enjoyed this book and intends to keep it out as a coffee table book for all her friends to enjoy, even if they don't own a cat. Was a great gift choice.