countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on March 19, 2010
I bought this DVD for prenatal and like that it has the postnatal workout as well. I have only done the prenatal yoga practice and really like it. It is a challenging workout and I would not recommend it for beginners to yoga but that is the reason I like it. Also it is only half an hour and that is great to fit the time in when you are at home. There isn't a really deep relaxation at the end but to get in some stretching and poses that tone your body while pregnant this is a great DVD.
on January 5, 2017
Received yesterday and did the Prenatal workout today.

Man, I didn't realize that not working out for 2 weeks would leave my body so stiff! But this was definitely an eyeopener to where my body is right now. I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and have been working out before pregnancy and during pregnancy as well. I just didn't find time and energy to work out in the last couple of weeks, which is why I felt the body stiffness when I came to doing this workout.

I'll definitely keep doing this every other workout day to keep some flexibility in my body and to just wind down from the more fast paced and energetic cardio workouts I do.

For those also wondering, the Prenatal workout is just about 30 minutes long. I'm assuming Postnatal is the same, I didn't check. Total run time on the DVD is 60 minutes, so they are both separate workouts at 30 minutes each.

Definitely take a look at this DVD. You won't be disappointed. More for the experienced Yogi, or someone who has some Yoga knowledge at least even in beginner level. If you are coming new to Yoga with no previous knowledge, this will be difficult to follow.
on October 30, 2011
I'd done lots of yoga before getting pregnant and I found that Element Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga is perfect for me. I read a lot of reviews for other videos and was so afraid to end up buying an "easy" prenatal yoga DVD seeing as how I'm an experienced yogi already and kept myself pretty loose and flexible during my pregnancy working out on my own. I am super happy with this purchase! I would say that it might be a little intense for beginners but that if you're anywhere from a little to very experienced in yoga, you'll enjoy this workout for everything it offers. It challenged me and gave me the workout I was looking for. I didn't want easy. I wanted yoga for pregnancy that would keep me "fit" and "in shape" not one that would baby me and assume that just because I'm pregnant I'm unable to move. It's an invigorating cleanse for me and I thoroughly enjoy every minute of it. Very excited to have found this and looking forward to trying the postnatal video after I give birth!
on March 1, 2015
I find this a bit boring and the whole 'put one hand on your belly and one on your heart and feel your connection to your baby' bit a little silly, but this is clearly a workout designed by someone who understands how pregnancy affects your body - every time I complete the routine I can't believe how great I feel. It makes a huge difference for anyone who has pain or discomfort in their pelvis or back. I continued to use this DVD right up until my due date with only minor modifications to accommodate my belly. Looking back, this product was a must-have for me.
on February 15, 2016
Arrived quickly, no complaints with delivery. I like this dvd I've done it twice and it is enjoyable and a good pace. I just wish there were more episodes one is not enough. would've been nice if she did 4 and perhaps made each one a bit harder so you could choose different ones depending on how you felt that day.

Edit - im now 33 weeks pregnant and I LOVE this dvd. Still doing it 4-5 times a week. It is making my whole body / life / sleep easier. I highly recommend it to anyone. Also I am doing 1 prenatal yoga class a week and a lot of the positions are the same so I feel very comfortable doing it at home.
on February 12, 2013
This DVD is gr8 because it is just the correct amount of yoga for all stages of your pregnancy. you can use it every day, I use it 2 times a day for a clam and relaxing workout in the morning and after lunch.
on February 3, 2017
(reviewing the prenatal workout) I like this workout, it's a bit short, and lots of mid-section bending which I am not sure I could do throughout my pregnancy. It's just "OK" compared to GAIM Shiva Rea's Prenatal workout.
on January 19, 2015
Good yoga routine for someone who has practiced yoga before. The prenatal workout is great for firming up your arms. The DVD contains one prenatal and one postnatal routine. The routines were not very long, around 20 mins each. Easy to fit into a busy daily routine. Personally, I would have liked to have atleast two prenatal/postnatal routines for some workout variance though.
on December 31, 2013
So far I have only done the prenatal, since I am still pregnant, and I LOVE it! I have tried another prenatal yoga DVD & hated it. So, I borrowed this one from a friend before I bought it and I so glad I did. I am 38 wks pregnant and still do this workout at least 3 times per week. It really stretches me out and relaxes my sore hips & its a great workout!
on January 30, 2014
The DVD is easy to follow if you have not done a lot of yoga in the past. It is about 30 mins and easy to work into your routine. However I do feel as if it is better for those looking for an easy workout or who are not at high fitness level.