countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on August 9, 2016
I really enjoy Jillian Michaels DVDs. They are fun, challenging, and effective with their beginner / intermediate / advanced modifications. I like her attitude, jokes, and motivational chatter to get your mind off of how much longer you're supposed to continue a challenging move / workout. My personal favorites are 30 Day Shred, 6 Week Six-Pack, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism -- as well as this one. They are the ones that I always go back to. Having said all this, Yoga Meltdown is not a DVD for people who are very serious about yoga, people who have never done any yoga before, or people who have never tried other Jillian Michaels DVDs. The reason I say this is because 1) serious yogis might not like her jokes (because she doesn't take yoga seriously like some people do), and 2) if you have never done yoga before, you won't know the basic poses. She is normally very clear with instructions, but I found in this video, she wasn't as much. Going into this knowing these poses, though, I found it fun! Oh, and also worth noting -- normally her different levels in other videos have a very noticeable difference in difficulty, but I find that this one doesn't.
on March 7, 2016
I am a fit person who was looking for a daily morning workout routine to assist with weight maintenance. I am not new to power yoga, so I wasn't looking for something slow and contemplative. I was ready to get to work, and the Yoga Meltdown program seemed to fit the bill. It consists of 2 levels, starting at Level 1 and progressing to Level 2 in the 4th week of the program. In my view, Level 1 is the better of the 2 - it is well-choreographed and flows easily from position to position. I stopped using the program shortly after starting Level 2. In my view, the dynamic moves within a position and the flow between positions were extremely awkward.
on September 18, 2010
I've been doing yoga for 22 years, but I'm not a purist. If you're used to true yoga (and kind of precious about it!), you may be frustrated by this workout. If you're familiar with yoga (beginner-intermediate level) and want a "power" version of it - more cardio, more reps - you'll like this DVD. I wouldn't call it a "meltdown" but it's definitely "power" [yoga].

There are 2 x 30 minute workouts, Level 1 and 2. I found little difference in challenge between the two, actually, and do both back-to-back, despite the cool down and warm up twice over. As with all Jillian's DVDs, she offers ways to increase and decrease your level of intensity throughout. My only criticism of these workouts is I found that, after a few weeks and after the workouts became less challenging, I reached for them less and less often - which is not the case with some of her other DVDs (Hard Body, Ripped in 30). I don't think this is her strongest effort, but I do think it's a worthwhile DVD for anyone looking to try something new or curious about yoga - a ramped up version of it. If you are beginner or intermediate level in exercise, you will get a very good workout. If you are closer to intermediate-advanced, skip this - you will not be challenged enough. (Try her Extreme Shed & Shred DVD instead.)
on February 6, 2014
No it's not your typical yoga...more like yoga poses with movement. Those "Goddess squats" just about killed me at first but after awhile I was able to follow along without taking a break. I like that it has two separate workouts...one for beginners and one for more advanced. However I find the beginner one is almost as hard as the more advanced workout. All in all they're both excellent workouts. I did this along with some cardio and I noticed results within two weeks.
on March 10, 2010
This is a really good yoga workout if you're looking to lose weight and tone your body. There are two 30 minute sections, so you can do one or both, if you want a longer workout. It's not easy, but it's effective. I am new to yoga and I found it easy to follow, Jillian is a great instructer and explains the moves efficiently, and also offers modified versions of the more difficult moves. Even after only a few times with this workout, I have noticed that I am stronger and moves that I was unable to do for more than a few seconds are now becoming easier. I can definately feel my body changing and it's a great feeling. I have Jillians other dvds and this is a definate favourite.
on April 7, 2013
The title of my review says it all. This is indeed a great workout from a great woman. However it is definitely not for someone beginning to exercise. It kicked my butt more than once and I couldn't get through the whole thing the first few times I did it. But it does get easier.
on January 20, 2013
I always wanted to have a Yoga DVD, but not the traditional one, I really liked the "modified-yoga" one from Jillian, because it's still yoga, but a bit harder. There's 2 level of workout and Im into her 1st level workout (still) and so far I find it really good if you keep doing it day after day and you're disciplined about it. For me, the 1st few times was just a tiny bit hard, but I just keep it up! Plus, it does motivates me more if the background is colorful and it is.
on April 26, 2013
This is not the first dvd from Jillian that I own and used. I also have 30 day shred.

This one is different somehow in the tone Jillian have. She is less try to wanting you to give all that you've got. Instead, she is smiling, and wants you to give yoga a try.

There are 2 routines. I just did the first one, and it is 30 minutes long. The rythm is slow but constant, you practically never stop moving, but it is fluid, and you get to sweat.

If you are new to yoga, you will need to take your time to get some poses right. Some are not easy, but not too much either.

After the sessions, I felt energized.
I think it is a good complement to another training. This one explores different ways of getting in shape, got less impact but is a good workout. It is worth the price.
on September 10, 2015
Tres bon workout. Elle explique des le début que ce n'est pas du yoga traditionnel mais une version modifiée en série comme ses autres workout, alors ceux qui utilisent ça comme critique n'ont aucun point.

Seulement ce n'est pas pour débutant. Meme le niveau 1 est assez soutenu pour quelqu'un comme moi qui vient de commencer sa pratique du yoga. Je n'ai pas encore compléter le programme. Je lui enlève une étoile pour cela. J'aurai
préfèré un programme pour chaque niveau de yogi et ce n'est pas le cas ici.
on November 20, 2012
This is a fantastic workout if you are looking for a change up to Jillian's usual dvds. I have been doing her 30 Day Shred and 30 Days to Ripped workouts but was looking for a change of pace to switch it up and after reading other good reviews on this dvd, I decided it might be just what I was looking for. It is definitely not a calming, relaxing yoga session but Jillian takes traditional yoga poses and methods and intensifies them so that you still feel like you challenged your body. It does get a little fast paced towards the end but if you have previously done yoga then you will have no trouble following along. For those who have never done yoga, after a couple of times you should be able to pick it up. This dvd worked muscles in different areas to the standard Jillian workout which was great and at the same time it provides some fantastic stretching moves. Definitely recommend!