countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$13.99

on May 16, 2013
No disrespect to Coach Burns nor his family, but as a reader interested in Pat's life and in biographies of hockey personalities, I found this book to be quite boring. There really wasn't much that kept me reading. I did read it cover to cover, but it was a chore rather than something enjoyable. At times it was just a tediously mechanical account of events. There was no flow, no cohesion.

In terms of hockey personality biographies, I highly recommend Kerry Fraser's "The Final Call" as a much better read. Lots of interesting, original, sometimes humourous, often heartwarming, stories in that book.
on February 15, 2013
Great book on Pat Burns life as a coach and the struggles he had with the teams and his battle with cancer.
on December 11, 2012
I am his first wife…was very angry, mad and hurt about what was written about me. Except for my name, none of the facts related by an ex sister-in-law whom I saw but 5 times 40 years ago are true. Lots of bull**** written about his police work. I did not want to participate in this biography, the author never double checked what was related to her by third parties. It deeply hurt and angered my daughter.

Although Dimanno, when interviewed, admits that Burns made up a lot of stories, she believed what she was told and wrote it.

I am not a celebrity, I am not rich. My reputation is being smeared in that book, very poorly written, confusing as the author switches back and forth from his hockey years, his personal life, his years as a police officer, his battle with cancer, quite a confusing and cheap book. Burns hid behind a ”personnage” he created. He would be mad as hell with this book. What was written about another one of his ”wives” was terribly upsetting. She was not at all the woman pictured in this book. Even some hockey facts are false.

[...]

Burns had a very dark side. If I would write a tell-all book, jaws would drop.

Suzanne Francoeur
on March 5, 2013
Well written. descriptive. examines and revealed the whole person and both highs and lows, surface and insides of his life and the person.
on January 27, 2013
The book showed different sides of Burns, that most would not know. Very enjoyable.
A true hockey person. Very well likes.
on December 23, 2014
Très bon livre. Bien écrit. Incontournable. 10/10 A+
on February 2, 2015
Good book about a great coach
on November 28, 2012
Yes I thought it was very well written,very intersting reading and as his sister I can say Bravo Pat we all love him and miss him so much.Thank you Rosie DiManno for honoring us with my brothers book. Lillian Burns.