Top critical review
Excellent for it's price.
February 18, 2018
Excellent for 60-70 dollars. But at the same time, keep your expectations in check. This phone is really good for what you get at this price range.
somethings that this phone excel at:
1. Display quality. Superb. I don't know how BLU does it, but their phones have superb displays.
2. Camera. (this is also a con - read below). The picture quality is very good. No one can readily tell the picture was taken by a low end phone camera.
3. There is a system called DuraSpeed built in , which- if enabled, will not run most back ground apps, to give most of the CPU attention to the apps currently in use.
Now, the cons:
1. The phone is generally slow. Now, the system app does a good job at scrolling speeds so almost no lag during scrolling, but opening, closing apps, most importantly running the app store- will take longer. Downloading apps takes a lifetime!! DuraSpeed helps a bit, but it will still be a slow.
2. The Camera, again is slow. While it does take good pictures, but it takes time to focus, re-focus and in overall camera functions.
in the end, you need to understand the reality of things. The phone is really good for it's price. Only other option at this price range is to get an used Samsung. However, the Android OS will be very very old in those phones. This BLU phone will not replace any Samsung phones, but it certainly is a well built, elegant looking phone with good picture taking capabilities. If you have a calm mentality, you will have no issue with this phone. But if you are always in a rush to get things done, this phone is not for you.
Also, just a pointer, the first time you turn on this phone, it will update the system app and then update like 30 apps. So during this time, the phone will be supper slow and almost useless. Just give it time to get it's things done, and then you can start using it.