iBUYPOWER Elite Gaming Computer Desktop PC Slate2 070iV2 (Intel i7 8700 3.2GHz, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 6GB, 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM, 1TB HDD, 240GB SSD, WiFi Included, Win 10 Home, VR Ready) Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Home|
|CPU model||Core i7|
|Hard disk description||Mechanical Hard Drive|
|Hardware interface||DisplayPort, Ethernet, HDMI, USB 3.0, USB 2.0|
About this item
- System: Intel Core i7 8700 6-Core Processor 3.20 GHz (4.60 GHz Max Turbo) | 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM | 1TB 7200Rpm HDD | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB Dedicated Gaming Video Card | VR Ready | Display Connectors: HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3.0 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel
- Special Add-Ons: iBUYPOWER signature Slate Tempered glass RGB Gaming Case | 802.11AC Wi-Fi included | 16 Color RGB Lighting Remote Controlled Case | Free iBUYPOWER Gaming Keyboard & RGB Gaming Mouse | No bloatware
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor + Free Lifetime us tech support | Assembled in the U.S.A
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Date First Available : April 21 2019
- Manufacturer : iBUYPOWER
- Place of Business : CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA, 91746 US
- ASIN : B07R1HMZ36
- Item model number : Slate2 070iV2
- Customer Reviews:
This iBUYPOWER Pro Gaming Series desktop tower PC is equipped to take on system intensive tasks, high-resolution gaming, and multitasking with virtually no lag. If you are seeking to enjoy the latest and upcoming games on the highest possible settings, This PC is the answer.
*all iBUYPOWER systems include 1-year parts warranty. Lifetime Technical support - Our exceptional support Connects our customers to our dedicated customer service specialists and top-notch support technicians who are experts in their field.
average FPS at 1080P Ultra settings
processor: Intel Core i7 8700 6-Core Processor 3.20 GHz (4.60 GHz max turbo)
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB Dedicated Gaming video card
memory: 16GB DDR4 ram
hard disk: 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
ssd: 240GB solid state drive
power supply: 500 watts power supply
operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit
From the manufacturer
Featured on some of one of the largest tech and hardware media outlets, including IGN, Tom’s Hardware, and PC Gamer, iBUYPOWER is widely recognized for being at the forefront of innovation and high-performance gaming desktops.
From the Revolt 2, the world’s first gaming PC designed for esports, and the Snowblind, featuring the first mass-produced LCD-side panel gaming PC, iBUYPOWER breaks boundaries with unwavering dedication to esports and PC gaming. (Date Featured: January 13, 2018)
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My feature ratings are based on what I was able to use when it worked. It really did look very nice and I was super pleased with the product until it stopped working. The overall rating is because I 'expect' a desktop to not have issues after one week of use. I realize I might be in the small percentage that have experienced issues, but it's a disappointment nonetheless.
Plug and play, and did updates.
Had to purchase a key for Windows 10 Pro instead of the Home version and upgraded
Installing from iBuypower websites the drivers updates
So far so good.
Update: Customer service of the company is just the worst, it takes them days/weeks to reply to email, and when you have an issue that requires RMA, you have to call them to change anything and when you call, no picks up the phone, and when you leave a message for a call back, you get a call “assuming” things and cancel the RMA request.
I had an issue with one of the fans, it’s not that fancy solid setup they did for this PC.
I had to replace the fan and add some adhesive foam to prevent loud noise.
Adding video to the review.
So, eventually, if you want to get a pre-installed gaming pc. Try to find a good provider first.
Update: Today: 12-05-2020
All three RGB fans are noisy now no matter how tight screws are, I had to use double-faced tape to make them quiet, they build is really bad
Something to keep in mind is that some of the components like the motherboard are a custom thing with no manuals, bios updates, etc. Anywhere online. If you're someone who doesn't care about replacing components yourself or building your own PC that should be fine, but the first thing I did was replace the motherboard.
It's as advertised otherwise. The networking is a little slower than I'm used to so a wired connection should be sought. The gaming and productivity performance is fantastic and I'd happily buy this again!
Time tells many tales however, I'll update this review if ever I face problems with my particular rig.
When playing games, haven't had any issues so far, games run smooth and the machine is not audible over my headset (Astro A40s). Can multi-task with ease. Definite recommend to anyone looking to get into PC gaming
Top reviews from other countries
For the money, this was the best deal I could find on Amazon (then add on the prime day deal and it was no contest).
The specs are impressive, and the components used inside are impressive.
However, three issues stuck out right off the bat, but they are all fairly minor:
1) The wifi antenna ports are very loose (I'll have to take a tiny wrench to tighten them down), but I was able to get the antenna on, they just flop right now.
2) The plate that those ports mount in, as well as USB ports and some others, is also loose at one corner. I'm not as certain how to fix this one.
3) The graphics card has only 1 each of the 3 types of ports that are listed (HDMI, DVI & DisplayPort). Knowing this, it is properly described in the product description above, but most of the GTX 1660 cards I've seen have had 2 HDMI ports. This is the closest listing I could find to the card that came in my unit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHWBHHX/ According to that, it does support 3 screens, but you need to have a different connection on each one. I wasn't intending on dual screen to begin with, but it was something I was planning on upgrading to in the future. Now I just have to try it and report back... Just a side note, but it's also a bit like a diving board inside the case, supported on two sides and heavy as it is with cables coming off the unsupported corner, it sort of jiggles a little, but I would imagine this is common with bigger cards. I might 3D print an extra support for it, but I'm not going off-roading with this strapped into the passenger seat either.
Once I got past that, the lights are cool, which are seen well through the tempered glass. It boots quickly thanks to the decently sized SSD. The HDD does it's job well, so far, of storing my library. The whole thing just works, right out of the box (well once you take out the packing and a few stickers).
Then there's the in-game graphics. Oh boy am I happy. I don't have a lot of graphically intense titles to compare yet, but the few that I did try are beautiful in high and ultrahigh settings! FO76 is amazing, and given the new Battle Royal mode, it's very important to look sharp and at high frames. I'm coming from an Asus ROG G74SX-A1, which served me well, but is now 8 years old. While it could still play these games, it had to do so at mostly low settings. This Slate2 has plenty of room for upgrades and should serve well for as long or longer.
Again, updates will follow as I continue using and pushing the envelope of my new rig!