- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
iPad For Dummies Paperback – May 8 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Whether you want to play games, get productive at work, or stay connected, your iPad can do it all!
There are many tablets, but there's just one iPad. Whether you're a proud owner of Apple's newest iPad or another model, this handy guide is filled with advice to help you make the most of your experience. You'll discover how to find incredible apps, send and view e-mail, browse the web, sync your data, stay connected with Notification Center, and more.
- Start with the basics — meet your iPad, learn to master the multitouch interface, use the onscreen keyboard, and fill it with stuff
- Awesome apps — find and download apps for every interest, install them on your iPad, and keep your apps up to date
- Lights, camera, action! — shoot and edit HD video, capture photos, and video-chat with FaceTime
- Boost your productivity — organize your to-do lists with Reminders, stay on top of your appointments and events with Calendar, and take important notes
- No more wires — set up your device without a PC and take a trip to the iCloud, where you can store and access your data from any device
Open the book and find:
- Steps for setting up your iPad
- How to use Dictation to compose e-mail and text messages
- Tips for syncing your music, photos, e-mail, contacts, and calendars with iCloud
- How to stay connected with Facebook and Twitter
- All about setting up slide shows of your favorite photos
- Instructions for buying and reading e-books
- Details about cool accessories to go along with your iPad
- iPad troubleshooting advice
- Surf the web, download apps, and make FaceTime calls
- Set up e-mail accounts, text with iMessage, watch movies, and listen to tunes
- Shoot and share photos and videos and read your favorite books and magazines
About the Author
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Technology columnist for USA TODAY and the author of Macs For Dummies, 11th Edition.
Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus pens the popular "Dr. Mac" column for the Houston Chronicle and is the author of Incredible iPad Apps For Dummies.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"iPad For Dummies" is presented by experts who know how to lead beginners from how to turn on the iPad to advanced discussions of trouble shooting and "app" recommendations. Along the way, there are discussions on "synching" your iPad, opening an iTunes account, interacting with the internet, using the iPad for phone calls, organizing movies and videos, utilizing all aspects of the impressive built-in camera, setting up email accounts, and much more helpful information as the book progresses from helping the novice to opening new vistas for experienced users. Indeed, having enjoyed all 3 iPad generations, I still found useful material in this book, such as using voice dictation and actually setting up and using "FaceTime" (something I had never done previously).
Longtime users of the "...Dummies" series will continue to appreciate the multiple tips, reminders, technical stuff, and warnings liberally scattered throughout the book that serve to enlighten as well as to protect the consumer. Finally, an underappreciated feature is that the authors present their email addresses for consumer feedback and promise to respond in a timely manner. Additionally, the authors indicate that substantial changes and updates in the iPad that occur after publication will be found and discussed on a companion website which is also offered in the introduction. All in all, a good choice for the beginner as well as those who need further detail beyond the intuitive searchs and explorations on a new iPad.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Macs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > PCs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > Handheld & Mobile Devices
- Books > Computers & Technology > Mobile Phones, Tablets & E-Readers > iPad
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > For Dummies Store