- Media: Wireless Phone Accessory
- Item Quantity: 1
iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector Okeyn Series Tempered Glass Ballistic Glass Screen Protector Shield for iPhone 6 Plus(5.5 Inch) (Glass)
- Compatible Model: iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 inches
- Real Touch Sensitivity for a natural feel that provides flawless touch screen accuracy.
- Prevent and protect your screen from unwanted peepers, while keeping the screen clean.
- Made from superior 3-Layer PET film with 100% Bubble Free Adhesives for no residue when removed.
Features The Okeyn Ballistic Glass Screen Protector Shield for Apple iPhone 6 Plus(5.5 inch) makes your iPhone only visible to persons directly in front of your phone screen Protect your screen from unwanted peepers, you can use your device in public without revealing confidential information to those around you. Package included Ballistic Glass Screen Protector - 2 Pack
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
As with any screen protector to install it flawlessly some steps need to be followed. I have gotten better with practice. Here is what to do:
1. Work on a table in a very well lit area so you can spot teeny-tiny dust particles as they result in frustrating bubbles on your screen protector that won't go away. Lay a clean white sheet of paper down so you don't attract extra dust from table surface. Put phone on top. Make sure your hands are clean and dry. The package suggests washing as you can have surface oils and minute dust particles on your hands.
2. Wipe off the screen with the provided alcohol wipe and then with the microfiber polishing cloth included with the package. Anything else leaves tiny fibers on the screen. For good measure start with back and then clean the front so there is no dust anywhere. Lift off any remaining dust or grime with the included dust remover tabs.
3. Carefully align the protector to the phone surface. Then, once you're sure the cutouts on protector match up the home button and top cut outs, peel off the backing and realign. Now start laying it down. Since this is a stiff screen protector you will be forced to apply it in one step. Do do this slowly and realign as you place it down, making sure you don't trap big air pocket under it.
4. Once the protector is laid down on the surface, let it rest for 1 minute - do NOT apply pressure yet - as the adhesive goes to work slowly covering the screen, you'll see it starting to stick. After a minute, squeeze out any bubbles with the included microfiber polishing cloth, and clean off the screen.
I had to lift off and replace this screen protector twice as it is exactly the size of the LED screen on the iPhone 6 PLUS and even if it a little off it shows up when the phone is lit. I managed to get one dust particle on one edge that I did not see and clean off. This protector doesn't really get bubbles since it's stiff but you see the adhesive makes a fine design wherever there is a dust particle trapped underneath but it does go away after a day or so. You'll be happy to know if you do need to realign it lifts off clear without a problem and the adhesive does not leave a residue.
5. All done. Enjoy!
So now more about the protector. As mentioned earlier, this protector is a bit smaller than needed for 6 plus. It covers the screen but does not cover the entire glass on the phone - the edges are left bare on all sides, it just covers the rectangle of the screen itself. I have so far ordered 2 other tempered glass protectors and they were the same size. Not sure why, as they could certainly have been a little bigger. It came in a foam sleeve but there were already minor scratches on the protector top, wish they could have put another film on that side.
The cut outs on this are correctly matched to home button and for the top 2 cut outs. It does not interfere with regular operation of phone or make it less sensitive if you're using fingers. I tested it on many apps and the feedback seemed the same as other screen protectors. I was worried about this one as this protector is much thicker than others. It does make it a little less sensitive to a stylus similar to other screen protectors. If you want to draw with a stylus on their phone, a bare screen will always respond better to pressure if you're trying to do light and dark strokes.
It catches the same dirt and fingerprints as the bare glass or maybe they're just more visible. I have to regularly clean off my screen but since this is glass it wipes off clean easily. The included microfiber cloth is handy to keep around as it helps keep your phone clean. A spritz with a lens cleaner solution every now and then keeps it shiny and new.
Overall, it protects my phone screen more than the thinner protectors but it is so much more visible, like glass on glass - particularly due to its smaller size. Initially, I thought that the edges may also collect more grime due to this and I may need to go back to the thinner screen protector that was almost invisible on my screen but so far I haven't had any problems as it's super easy to clean. The tactile feeling of this protector is more like glass, and I have become a tempered glass screen protector convert!
Included in the package are English instructions, an Alcohol swab for cleaning your screen before application, the protector itself, and a small microfiber cleaning cloth.
This was easy to apply. I've done a few of these with my various iPhones over the years, so that's an advantage.
This is perfectly clear once properly applied. I'm totally happy with its appearance.
However, you should note that the screen protector does not cover 100% of the screen, only the actual LED portion, not the entire glass face. So the black bands at top and bottom are exposed and not covered by the protector.
That will be fine with many case designs, which have the case covering those 'black band' areas, but not all cases. So just be aware of that before ordering and look at your existing cases to see how they would relate and that there will not be a 'gap' to attract dust, lint etc. That will be most common with 'bumper' style cases that leave the entire glass face exposed.
Sample sent for testing and impartial review. I'm very satisfied with this, but I'll reinforce that you want to check your current (or intended) cases to make sure this type protector will work well with your case design.
I hope this review is helpful as you comparison shop online. Happy trails, everybody.