Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on April 13, 2014
This book was quite practical and very useful information was provided. It is not only good for learnign about the disease and understanding it but also it shows how to deal with it and what ways to interact with someone who sufferes from schizophrenai. A definate important guide! I highly recommend it!
One person found this helpful
on September 1, 2011
This is the most useful book that has been written about schizophrenia. I wish the families of all people who develop this brain disorder could be handed a copy along with the diagnosis. If families could get this book early on, so much suffering and confusion could be avoided and people would understand the next steps they need to take. They would also be less likely to be misled by the increasingly widespread rhetoric that tells us to avoid treating this illness with a medical approach. Powerful groups often persuade vulnerable people that anti-psychotic medications are useless; research demonstrates otherwise.
Fuller Torrey's book gave me the strength and information that I needed to offer my daughter the best possible help.
Susan Inman
author
After Her Brain Broke: Helping My Daughter Recover Her Sanity
3 people found this helpful
on October 22, 2016
A great resource for anyone who has to confront this illness. Full of useful information, but easy to understand also.
on February 3, 2018
The most thorough book I've found on the subject.
on October 6, 2017
Still the best book on schizophrenia.
on February 17, 2017
Great resource but a tough read. Very technical.
on August 16, 2016
Not enough solutions but does well as far as advocating for people with Schizophrenia. The book explains the disease adequately.
One person found this helpful