countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on July 25, 2000
For those of who don't know, Archer has re-released this book as the third and final installment in the Kane and Abel trilogy. While it does have a good and exciting plot, it fails to live up to Kane and Abel and The Prodigal Daughter. If you read this book stand alone, you will enjoy it. However, if you read this book as part of the trilogy, you will come away slightly disappointed. Florentyna is really a minor character in the book and the only really new piece of information that we learn about her is that she defeated a former New York congressman (Jack Kemp?) in 1996 to win election in her own right. I wish that Archer had left "Shall we tell the President" alone and written a completely different book as the third installment.
on December 29, 1998
I have read two different editions of this book. There are some major differences. The first time I read this book the president is Ed Kennedy. The second time the president is Florentyna Kane (from Kane and Abel & Prodigal Daughter). This second edition has a forward by the author indicating that he has updated the book to use a character that he created. If this matters to you choose the edition carefully.
on December 18, 2000
Not his best, although still a very good read. However, one thing that scared me most in the whole book...Mark Andrews is my history teacher, and the description that Archer wrote is far too similar to my teacher! Plus, my friend fancies him, so we all had a good laugh about that one!
on August 4, 2013
Far too many names for mr to keep up with, but otherwise a good read. Not uptown Archer's usual standard
on October 6, 2014
I haven't finished reading it yet.