countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on September 11, 2016
Gave it away as a gift.
Highly recommended.
on September 1, 2016
Did not like the ending:(
on June 16, 2016
I enjoyed reading this story about the unconditional love of mothers for their children (no matter if biological or adopted) and about how to overcome cultural differences in families and personal relationships. (The story is of course more complex than that.)
I would have preferred to stay with the characters longer in one moment of time. I felt I was racing through the years and didn't have a chance to get to know the characters well enough.
I liked the detailed insight into the life of the 2 Indian families.
on June 13, 2016
Well written, excellent detail. A book that was hard to put down.
on May 26, 2016
I really enjoyed this impelling story.Well written!
on May 16, 2016
Let me wipe my tears away to review this stunner of a book. While it had moments slightly contrived, the soul and humanity it exudes are deeply, deeply compelling. It tackles so many sweeping and complicated issues - international and interracial adoption and marriage, sex selection and preference in birth, the pain of adoption and loosing children in general, the kind of free-floating feeling of being disconnected from one's heritage, poverty... And it does all of this from an incredibly personal and authentic set of perspectives. One thing I really loved was the complexity of the two marriages it follows. Both were given ample time to both fall apart and be rebuilt in such different and yet similar ways; both threads were so true to the real challenges that face all of us in relationship. Our imperfection as humans, how our mistakes and failings impact those we love... And how our foundational love can draw us through even the most shattering moments of division. I really couldn't put this one down. Do yourself a favour, and read it. It's worth it.
on May 13, 2016
loved it
on April 28, 2016
great book and awesome condition
on April 18, 2016
Very interesting story, well written, and kept me engaged to the end.