countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 7, 2015
After reading Don Winslow's books on the Cartels I thought I would try an adventure yarn, but so far I find this too easy to put down. These are more like Clive Cussler's stuff - trite and predictable. It didn't expand my imagination like I was hoping. I would have been better off re-reading H. Rider Haggard's People of the Mist.
on June 20, 2014
Just a little too much technical descriptions which I could pass over and not lose anything. In other words unnecessary description. Not one of his best, but will read the next one with his dog as his partner.
on August 21, 2005
The characters are cliched, many of the action sequences are B-movie cheesy, the premise is laughable, and there are huge inconsistancies in the technical gimmicks Rollins uses to drive the plot. Yet if you can set all the obvious problems aside, there is actually a very good story to be found here. In spite of the number of times I found myself rolling my eyes, I kept turning the pages. The tension and suspense are well developed, and there are 1 or 2 characters that have enough development to make you care about them.
No sophistication here, but not a bad read.