countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(3 star). See all 314 reviews
on December 12, 2002
I read the book "The Little Princess." A few years ago i saw the actual movie, therefore i think that it somewhat ruined the book. There were things between the book and the movie that were different so my views changed.
The book was an enjoyable one. It starts out as this little girl is dropped off at a boarding school, the one where her mother attended as a child, as her father left to fight in World War 1. Her mother died years before so there was no one else as she had lived in India most of her life with her father.
So her father leaves and she is treated like a little princess because her father is of wealth. When news of her fathers death comes to the boarding school her world gets turned upside down. The headmaster of the school is an aged bitter women. It seemed to me that she had an unspoken twist of jealousy for the young girl. This woman acts as if she is doing a good deed and sas she will keep her around as a maid and servant. She goes from being treated with luxury and anything she could ever want to cleaning, grocery shopping, and whatever else needs to be done around the school.
After working in this school and many other trials she finally finds her father is still alive and after a emotional journey and reunion her and her father leave the school. They take along her new friend and "sister" and a new teacher is made the head of the school.
I liked this book alot. It was different that the movie but in some ways that is better. I got a new view on things and i do agree with part of it when it says: "every girl is a princess." It is a fun book for children.
on September 19, 2000
hey Yall wassup im victoria aka vicky and i wanna tell u about little princess and let me tell u its the best book ive ever read and see the movie. i just wanna say that my friends nsync and britney spears reccomed this book to! OPaYceO
on November 15, 2016
Notwithstaninding the adverisement the Kindle version of this work is not illustrated. It is pure text.
on January 16, 2016
It was gifted so don't know.
on September 27, 2000
The Secret Garden By:Frances Hodgson Burnett The Secret Garden starts out in Misselwaite Manor. The main character is a girl named MAry Lennox who is a orphan that nobody likes because she is stubborn, very mean, and ugly. She has no respect for anyone.She lives with her Ayah that feeds and clothes her. Later on in the book when her Ayah dies of sickness. Mary gets put into a orphange. A little boy, Basil, that lives in the orphanage makes fun of her name and gives her the nickname Mistress Mary, Quite Contrary. Then she goes and lives with her uncle. I think this book is okay, but it kind of drags along. I give it three stars.
By:Jolena Mcdaniel
on March 7, 2001
I bought this for my 8 year old but figured I'd better look at it first. The beginning is quite frightening; descriptions of death, illness, abandonment, loneliness, the wild moors, etc. I don't think I want my daughter to read it until she is older. I told her about the book and she actually asked me if it gave me nightmares! I recommend that an adult skim the book first to decide if your child can handle the story. Remember kids read more slowly so the scary beginning part will last longer.
This book is not for a sensitive child.
on February 18, 2000
Well, I think this is a very good book, but the reading level should be changed.It should be for children of 5-9, or an English beginner. I was 10 when I read this book and I found it not very amusing. I am now 11 and I have belonged to another world. Just to note: Children over 10, in this era, whatever nationality, should begin reading books about political intrigues, the art of war,and philosophy, especially those living in a chaotic country like mine. For children below 9, I think, this is truly a wonderful book.
on January 4, 2000
"The Secret Garden" is an entertaining and exciting read, although personally, I think you're better off reading Charlotte Brontë's "Jane Eyre". It looks like Mrs. Hodgson Burnett did. Very attentively.
on May 7, 2000
THis is a tale of a lost little girl who is sent off somewhere. Her enviornment changes her and she soon learns the secrets of where she lives.
on November 21, 2002
I did't really like this book because it was boring and it wasn't that interesting at all. This book was also boring because it was from the older times and iin those types of books you don't really learn anything from them because you already might know them. You may or may not want to read this book but, thats your decsion to decide. I would recommend this book to girls in the range of third grade to fifth grade. I didn't like this book much at all.