countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on February 10, 2016
Tasty food easy to make and follow
on February 4, 2016
Great book
on June 22, 2014
I love this book. I'm not a vegan, but I really like the recipes and I love the first couple chapters explaining the importance of fuelling our bodies with high energy foods. I've used these recipes in addition to my clean eating, organic beef, etc., and I feel fabulous. All my sugar cravings are gone (I don't eat any sugar anymore) and it is just amazing. I bought this book for my 21 year old daughter as well, to really teach her about the importance of eating the right kinds of foods that give us optimum energy. So whether you are vegan or not, this book is a great addition to your recipe collection. Just amazing!
on November 16, 2013
I enjoyed reading this book but was disappointed with the lack of depth of it's nutritional information. A considerable section of the book (16 pages) is devoted just to a day by day diet plan for 12 weeks, with much of that basically repeating itself with only slight differences.
I was expecting a more detailed explanation of the specific need for each food listed and it's nutritional value or perhaps how it might benefit during a particular sport or activity.
I also found Brendan Brazier to be endorsing his "Vega" products a little too often throughout his book making it more like a sales brochure than a self help book.
Overall I did manage to find a couple of informative nuggets but ended up thumbing through many of the pages of recipes since they all were minor variations of each other.
on May 21, 2013
What can I tell you? Brendan has done the work. He lives it!! You have the same opportunity as he. When you follow his lead, you too will enjoy the benefits. Need I say more!! DO IT!!!!!!!
on May 13, 2013
Decent book on how to use a vegan diet to improve your overall health and with an emphasis on tips for athletes on the best foods to eat pre and post workouts. Lots of good info.
on September 13, 2012
Brendan explains the concepts behind the Thrive in a straight forward manner. He does not focus on the technical details but educates the reader at a higher level ie more overview. I have applied some of the concepts to my eating habits and food choices and for me it was more of a tweaking in some areas and other are and will be more of an adjustment. Not sure if recipes are for everyone but can choose other Vegan recipes. Food plays such an inportant role in overall health. As North Americans we could all use a tune up.

[ASIN:0143052365 The Thrive Diet: The Whole Food Way to Losing Weight, Reducing Stress, and Staying Healthy for Life]]
on July 23, 2012
This book is just amazing !! Information are well sumarize and very clear ! I love how it's written. I have learn a lot of new information, even though I was a person who knows a lot of things about health. I like the way the author think too !! Recipes are great and different. A must for everyone :)
I picked up this book because as a vegan I wasn't always sure I'm getting all the nutrients that I should be. This book is really informative and helpful. Most of the recipes I've tried have been really good, although I think a dehydrator would work better for some things. A couple of the recipes didn't work at all, but it might just something I have to work at to get them right. I really like how the recipes don't call for a lot of ingrediants, and a lot of them have similar ingrediants, which is really nice since I don't have a lot of money to spend on food each week, and I find being a vegan already can be expensive. My one complaint would be some recipes have high fat and calorie content, due to the coconut oil, hemp oil, and nuts used in a majority of the recipes. The raw burgers (2 patties) are over 1000 calories. Not an issue if you are an athlete, but since I'm always wary of excess calories, it's something to make note of. Otherwise a really great book.
on June 21, 2011
Thrive Diet is a great book. It's clear, insightful, and can be consulted now and again as a reference book. For me, it was the catalyst that pushed me to make the health-conscious dietary changes I knew I needed to make. Don't look back . . .