Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

on September 10, 2015
If you haven't read about it already, or seen the movie (either the original or the US remake) you might be the only one. I submit this review in no way thinking it is going to influence you. I just loved the book and the character of Lisbeth that I need to say something. It starts off as a mystery story but evolves into something so much bigger and better. The pages will fly by and you will grow to love the characters and the setting.
The estate has hired an author to continue the series...and I hope it goes well. However, it can't stop me from thinking what if the author were still alive.
on November 17, 2015
One of the best books I have read.
Unconventional, witty, fascinating, intriguing, mesmerizing …
I just didn’t want the book to end. I was captured in one magical world and have lived with the characters 24/7. It was an amazing experience, a great adventure.
Larsson’s specific style of writing is so beautiful and compelling. The plot is interesting, with so many twists. The characters are so full of life, so unconventional and real, especially Lisbeth. I love her!!!
Being part of this was a real pleasure. I still have a hard time finding another book as excellent as this one.
on August 29, 2011
I was looking forward to reading this book as it was recommended to me by a friend. She said it was a really good book, and I admire her choice in reading.
I found this book to be "predictable". The only "mystery" was what happened to the granddaughter and then it wasn't much of a mystery. The book had the required sex scenes, the required bloody scenes and the required thwarted love affair. I really didn't find the book that good.
The only reasonably interesting person was the girl who had the dragon tattoo.
Otherwise, the book was rather blah.
2 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2015
This is a great book & it's part of a good series.
The thing I tell people about it is that the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" isn't mentioned until midway through the book. So don't expect her as soon as the story begins. That's why the original Swedish title (Men Who Hate Women) is less misleading title.
on January 16, 2012
It's rare that I end up preferring a film to the original book, but in this case, the Swedish film far surpasses the written word.

The beginning and the end of the novel were painfully slow with the majority of the action taking place in the middle. Lisbeth didn't come to full fruition until the later chapters and that troubled me to no end; she's a fantastic character, why waste her? Why wait so long to establish her role in this story?

I'm hoping that the next two books in the Millennium trilogy will be much better.
on October 11, 2016
This was an exceptionally good read although the book was more about the reporter than Salander. I will be reading the next book in the series.
on July 7, 2017
I love this book, but the translation from Swedish was terrible compared to the American version, and a huge section of the book was printed upside down. Buy from another printing company.
on June 30, 2016
Love this book! Involves mystery and drama, and I love how the story goes full circle. Great book! I'd recommend this and the other books in the series as well!
on September 14, 2013
It took me a while to get on board with this book but as they say good things come to those who wait. The first time I heard anyone talk about this book they said "give it 100 pages and you'll be hooked". Another person suggested that you had to read much more that that to really get into it. This sounded kinda awful to me but I gave it a chance and I'm so glad I did. This is one of the best books I have ever read. It stands on it's own pretty well but I highly recommend the reading the whole trilogy.
on March 23, 2017