countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 14, 2016
I tried so hard to love this book. I love tigers. I love Russians. I love survival stories. Despite being all three, this is easily the most boring thing I have ever attempted to read. I made it 2/3 before surrendering defeat and giving up. So basically: there's a man-eating tiger out there in the snowy woods. And he's very, very scary. But that is the entire book.
on May 25, 2016
Enjoyable read. Doesn't disappoint.
on May 22, 2016
The pillow case is fine. The only problem is that the head of the female cheetah is cut off just below the ears. My granddaughter does love it anyway, she is a cheetah fanatic. Delivery was very slow - six weeks. Pick something better than standard shipping if you order this.
on March 25, 2016
It's an interesting read. I found it kind of long though, and after a bit I lost interest.
on February 14, 2016
Excellent read. You will never think of Russia or tigers the same way again after you finish this novel. And maybe even, like me, you might be looking over your shoulder just to make sure there are no tigers lurking nearby. I highly recommend it.
on February 4, 2016
A compelling and wonderfully crafted read and utterly fascinating insight into the consciousness and "umwelt" of this remarkable czar of the taiga.
on January 18, 2016
A story that needs to be told. Logging in Siberia is taking away the tiger's habitat. They are now endangered. The raw wood is being shipped to China to be milled and sold to the west (US and Canada) by a company called Lumber Liquidators. We need to help protect this beautiful animal predator by boycotting wood and wlld products from China. China is a country whose business people have no scruples about poaching and killing and logging anything and every thing for profit without regard for the pain inflicted nor the environmental balance thrown out of sync for all living things

After reading this sad story, I cried.
on December 16, 2015
The hardcover version is superb! I really enjoyed this book! Perfect for a gift!
on November 17, 2015
Vaillant does an excellent job of weaving history, the social situation, and the environment into his story.
on November 8, 2015
It is beautifully written and tells a fascinating story about the people of this remote part of the world; and a lot about the
tigers who live there. It is one of the best books I read recently and I recommend it highly.