Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite Vinyl Day sports Tools

Customer reviews

Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 21, 2017
J'aime ,recettes toujours superbes ,faciles et délicieuse.livre en parfait état
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 25, 2010
I have started borrowing cookbooks from the library to make sure they are worth purchasing. After getting this book, I found I did not want to return it. One warning for ultra gourmet foodies... you may find the recipes too simple... some ingredients called for are store bought. For those of you who love food and want to cook well even with limited time, this book is for you!

Recipes are identified in two ways, showing which lean toward classic Italian flavour and which include more of the modern Californian fusion Giada is known for. Some of the antipasto that appealed to my taste were the Cheese-Stuffed Dates with Prosciutto, the Whole-Wheat Pita chips with Mascarpone-Chive Dip, Tomato basil Tartlets and The Smoked Salmon and Apple Carpaccio. My two year old loves the Butternut squash soup with Fontina cheese crostini. The grilled vegetable, herb, and goat cheese sandwiches make a tasty lunch! Want a gourmet tuna melt? Try the Open-faced tuna sandwiches with Arugula and sweet-pickle mayo. My husband and son are huge pasta fans and they loved the Rigatoni with Creamy Mushroom Sauce and the Pasta Ponza. I'm a fan of the Brown Butter Risotto with Lobster. We love the zipped up old favourites too... like Turkey meatloaf with feta and sun-dried tomatoes. I could go on ... and on. There are wonderful photographs of most of the food (not every recipe is photographed. I also like how you can find all the ingredients at a well stocked grocery store. All I can say now is enjoy!