Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

Death Comes to Pemberley
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(5 star). See all 44 reviews
on March 20, 2018
Just as good as the mini-series! Wish there were more books and movies about Elizabeth and Darcy! Hope someone can take it on!
on October 16, 2012
Really good book. As P.D. James books always are. I enjoyed the characters and was surprised by the killer. I had a difficult time getting into it at first but once I did it was great.
on July 8, 2014
James is an extremely good writer and good at bringing Jane Austen's character to life
on February 21, 2014
I've read it - I bought it for my sister for her birthday. If it comes from anything I've read from P.D. James - it's excellent.
on June 30, 2015
Great sequel to Pride and Prejudice by a master detective novelist...but without Jane Austin's wry observations and wit.
on April 6, 2014
Now I can imagine what happened to Elizabeth and Mr.D'arcy after their wedding. haven't you? It is exciting to read.

Love reading it!
on September 17, 2012
As a Jane Austen fan, and a P.D. James fan this was a book that I had great expectations of -- and I got everything I hoped for.
One person found this helpful
on January 4, 2013
This was a much wanted gift for a P D James fanatic. According to her this book has not been a disappointment and worth the wait.
on August 26, 2015
Thank you!!
on March 3, 2012
Despite having written this book when she was 87 years old, P.D.Jmes hasn't lost a stroke. She can still keep us glued to the story and maintains her highly intelligent, analytical approach. This book is Jane Austin's "Pride and Prejudice" five years later. A number of Austin's characters re-appear and, in the course of a murder and its solution, we even get a few questions answered that perplexed us in the original. To me, the most remarkable achievement of "Death Comes to Pemberley" is the precise rendering of Jane Austin's style and of the social mores of the period. You'll love it; I did.
One person found this helpful