Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Customer reviews

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 25, 2017
Excellent way to draw closer to Christ and further from food. Practical and insightful
on July 6, 2013
After battling cancer and having 90lbs to lose for the first time in my life, it seemed an impossible task that I couldn't even begin. After reading this book I have lost 21.5 lbs in less than 2 months (using the book Trim Healthy Mama) and I now have a motivation that goes deeper than just wanting to feel good and look thin. I'd recommend this book to anyone struggling to find a good enough "why" to stay on track.
on January 2, 2013
Although I have not finished reading it, it has great content, for me. For someone whose struggled with weight and food as a comfort, Iike this book.
on October 25, 2014
Great book for exploring what issues behind over weightness are. Encouraging, real and biblically based. Easy to read. Definitely recommended.
on March 2, 2013
I always enjoy Lysa TerKeurst! I first heard about this book when she spoke about it on Focus on the Family a few years back and thought "Wow! That's me!" I'm so glad she wrote this book!
on December 2, 2016
Best book ever,.,not matter your journey and battles with food
on November 19, 2014
Arrived in perfect condition and iI am reading it right now. Very very good read.
on May 25, 2015
I don't believe that God sat there and said, if you are craving certain foods you are not following me. Medical research has shown that certain cravings are designed by God to identify where deficiencies exist in our body. As I read this book, I just found that I was feeling that I was a bad person in the eyes of God because I was struggling with my weight loss and exercise goals due to mental illness and fibromyalgia. Not quite the answer I needed. This also did not address the problem of mindless eating, food that is not a craving but instead a habit, etc. And slow metabolism, etc.

Good place to start I guess if you are new to your journey, but not a great book if your weight loss issues exist through no fault of your own.
on November 13, 2013
Easy to read, interesting and super helpful tips from a great author. If you're looking for help, encouragement, and motivation to get yourself on track to live a healthy life, Lysa Terkeurst's book will definitely help you. Many Christian beliefs/biblical references are included.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 6, 2011
I will be totally honest with you. I am overweight. And two years ago, I went back on Weight Watchers to loose the extra weight. I was able to loose about 30 pounds and had to stop going to the meetings. Since then, I am stuck on a plateau. Around the same weight I was when I stopped going... so it's not bad right? But I also know that I need to loose another 35-40 pounds. Back then I was also dedicated in doing my exercises... since then life is taking over. *sigh*
So when I heard about this book I was curious. I decided it was worth reading and see what Lysa was saying. And to be honest I am currently seeing a change in my thinking. Just recently, I made a stop at a Laura Secord to buy some beloved chocolate eggs that is part of my tradition since I was a little girl. Since they were at 50% off, I didn't buy one, two or three... I got six or seven of them. Geez! I got a nudge in my heart when I was making the purchase. As if God was telling me: "Don't you think you are exaggerating?" I had planned to buy four originally... now I had almost the double. Mind you I have put the majority of them in the freezer so it can last a good part of the year. But the one I kept... didn't last long.

So I am reading this book and it is as if I get a 2x4 behind the head. I have a problem. I see it now. When I crave something I need to have it now. And my biggest crave is definitively CHOCOLATE! Right off the bat, Lysa is helping me to discover how to transfer this craving for chocolate to my one and only Father in Heaven, God. She also highlights scriptures to encourage you and open your eyes on your problem. I was in awe to see one specific scripture referring to eating and being controlled by our stomach.

18For there are many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, who walk (live) as enemies of the cross of Christ (the Anointed One). 19They are doomed and their [a]fate is eternal misery (perdition); their god is their stomach (their appetites, their sensuality) and they glory in their shame, [b]siding with earthly things and being of their party.
Philippians 3:18-19 (Amplified Bible) - emphasis mine

Each chapter contains a powerful lesson to which you can ponder more at the end with specific questions. I wish there would be more space to let me write my answers in the book. Unfortunately there are no lines to write your answers in it. So I am putting very short answers in it. I want to keep this book as a reference. The author will bring you through the various stages of loosing weight but first she will build your confidence. The book also contains her personal life experiences which makes it even more interesting if you ask me. It is more real and more down to heart. It touches you because you know that she went through it herself. She will also cover the dreadful exercises, the bad days in our lives, the overeating that happens sometimes, the emotional days, and much more...

This book is not leaving my side for a little while. I am even considering getting the devotional to pursue my journey in craving for God. I see a difference in my thinking and I am ready to attack the last part of my journey in becoming more healthy.

Also available are the DVD and participant guide as well as a 60 days devotional that you can purchased.
12 people found this helpful