Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM home Kindle Tools

Something Blue: A Novel
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on August 19, 2017
This book said it was used and in very good condition and that was an understatement. You can't even tell the book was ever used. Perfect condition, clean, no rips, no creases...very happy!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 4, 2015
Purchased this as a gift for my wife, she enjoyed reading the book!
on April 21, 2017
This is a great read! Leaves you wanting to know what's next!
on July 31, 2007
`Something Blue' is fantastic! As we all know, sequels are generally pretty lame, but not this one. `Something Blue' picks up where Something Borrowed leaves off, and through the fabulous, witty writing of Emily Giffin, we get to again enjoy the lives of these vivid characters.

As it begins, we are re-introduced to Darcy, the self-absorbed, spoiled rotten, manipulative friend of Rachel's, who is also Dex's ex-fiancé. Initially I thought, "How am I going to make it through this book listening to her tinny whining?" But Emily Giffin's shining narrative moves so seamlessly, you suddenly realize after reading for a few hours that you're halfway through the book. The story line impeccably flows to all the right places, and I was amazed by how fresh it was. Giffin gives Rachel relatively little voice in this book, and I think Giffin was brilliant in writing her first novel from one person's perspective and the second from the other's, because NOW we have the full story- one from each side. None of the writing seems hackneyed or old; it is all very inventive and original. Not giving a thing away, Darcy's character does change into something more appealing, and even though the story might not go where you think it is going to go, there is a wonderful ending, packaged in a big box with a beautiful bow. Emily Giffin really is asserting herself as a dynamic new writer of "chick-lit" and someone to be reckoned with.
on March 20, 2009
Definitely my FAVORITE NOVEL by Emily Giffin. I liked "Something Borrowed" but I loved this one waaaayyyyyyyy more. Just the fact that I had no passion on reading it before since I realized the story was being told from Darcy's point of view, the book totally blew me away. It was unexpected and so direct, what definitely would have or could have happened in real life. It's bold and honest, and sweet. Hands down, I LOVE this book. Well done, Ms. Giffin - your books are awesome.
on May 29, 2005
This book is written with a different approach. The woman has it all and loses everything only to find in the end that losing it does not mean losing out on love.
also I suggest:
Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart (Just read it and it is excellent)
on July 10, 2011
Eye-rolling. It's clear from some of the details that the author has never lived in London. First of all, (no matter how good looking and well dressed one is) it takes ages to build relationships for foreigners in London--which btw is part of the city's charm and basement apartments are rare if at all. Also, she was pregnant with twins and was not eating and experienced little to no morning sickness and didn't find out well into her second trimester. Come on. Twins are a difficult pregnancy! Finally, and most importantly I can't believe all those men would want to date a pregnant woman. What does this say to young woman? URG. Come on......Awful book. Just awful.
on February 11, 2013
I think I am doing a spoil alert: So review readers, beware. At first I didn't like Darcy in the first book (something borrowed). But after reading eblue I love her. I love how her life turned around and that she found the person she is meant to be with. And how that story progressed was really good.
on June 11, 2005
When I first started reading something borrowed I was honestly not expecting anything from it. I am not much of a reader, but let me tell you that I was not able to pu the book down until I was finished it. Once I finished reading it I looked up Emily Giffin's web site to see if she had another book coming out. I purchased Something Borrowed in April, and realized that Something blue was not going to be released until the end of May. I went everywhere looking to see if had been released sooner, but had no luck. The day that Something Borrowed hit the shelves I was at my local book store to purchase it. This on is even better than the first one, and I was not able to put it down. There was something about these two books that just kept me interested. Maybe it is the fact that they are so realistic, and I can see this happening to someone in real life. Throughout the book you get to know that characters, and everything about them. I really hope that there will be another book to go along with theses ones. I would definetly recommend these books to anyone, and have actaully recommended them to a few different people who are now reading them, and can not put them down either. You must read them to understand what I am talking about.
on September 24, 2006
I would definitely recommend reading Something Borrowed, by the same author, first. In Something Borrowed, Rachel steals her best friend's fiancée, Dex. While that book was entirely written from Rachel's point of view Something Blue is from Darcy's point of view. Darcy is Rachel's best friend who cheated on Dex herself and ended up pregnant with Dex's groomsman, Marcus. Something Blue is written from Darcy's side of the story. The author takes the first 10 chapters re-telling the events from Something Borrowed in great detail. This book finally takes off in Chapter 11. The reader finds Darcy pregnant, jobless, friendless and husbandless. She takes off to London to hang out with a platonic, geeky male friend, Ethan. Ethan is dating a sophisticated French woman and Darcy is dating a rich doctor yet, at the end of the night, every night Darcy and Ethan share a bed together.

Amber