Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Paperwhite sports Tools

• Life
  • Customer reviews

Life
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(5 star). See all 74 reviews
on August 6, 2017
Just finished reading Life, Keith Richard’s biography that I had started back when it was released in 2011. All 650 pages of it, one of the most amazing biography I have ever read. What a voyage back in time, what an incredible crazy genius this man is. If you like the Stones, you have to read it. It may start a bit slow but once he goes off, it is non stop stories of madness, creativity and debauchery. One thing that remains is the decency of the man, his genius and work ethic.
He’ll always remain my favorite musician, no one capable of writing a riff like he does. A tireless worker who could stay up 5 days in a row to get a song right. What a crazy fox. What a downer to have this book finished. A great family man, who ironically has raised sane kids out of the madness of his life and the one of Anita Pallenberg who was more of a junkie than him.
A marvellous book that takes you back in time to the 60’s up to today. Thank you Keith Richards.
on June 15, 2017
What is there to say ? The story about a legend , how he remembers some of the details is pretty amazing. I wouldn't say it's the best written book , but if your a Keith fan definitely worth a read . He seems to get better with time 😎
on September 2, 2017
What an interesting story - I was never a big Stones fan, but I'm much more interested now and in fact have gone back to listen to all the stuff they used to do, with a new understanding. Recommended reading for those raised in the 60's & 70's
on May 27, 2017
Incredible book! It's amazing his memories are clear and concise after all he's put himself though. A great read wether you're a fan or not. Great insight into the other side of the entertainment world that you seldom see. Some really heartwarming stories, and some that will crack you up!
on November 5, 2014
Ok. NOW I get it - the clothes, the drugs, the women, the music...I understand. This autobiography takes you into the world of Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones, sexdrugsnrocknroll, the 60's70's80's and counting, in such a way as I never expected. His memory is phenomenal (who'd expect that?), he is fearless about what he reveals (no surprise there), and the writing is really very good. At the end of the book I came away with a much deeper understanding of the days of my youth, of people of another walk of life than my own, greatly entertained, and with a much greater respect for the man after having seen his character in the round. Back in the day I thought 'Why Keith? Why?'. And now I know.
A great read.
on February 25, 2018
A terrific, eccentric story-teller; the undisputed icon of rock and roll!
on February 22, 2014
Though I purchased the book for my husband, who likes rock and roll music, I read it as well.
I was blown away by the very honest and often hilarious adventures of Keith Richards. The book also gives a tremendous insight in the world of the Rolling Stones band. How they started out, his personal relationship with Mike Jagger and other musicians.
He certainly was one of the best guitar players of his genre. He talks with surprising honesty about his first marriage, the love for his current wife and his children. He relays the years of partying, drug use etc. but left all that behind him years ago.
All together a very interesting auto biography which I can highly recommend.
on April 9, 2016
Keith is one of the most interesting humans. This book explains how he's handled the test of time. Great read and a good view inside his mind.
on October 3, 2013
If you're into rock 'n' roll history and/or the Stones, this is one to choose. It's the closest I've encountered to being on a par with the Miles Davis autobiography (a superb book by an extremely important and highly influential music figure). As with Mr. Davis, Mr. Richards is fearlessly and unapologetically honest and possessed of a keen memory, and best of all, it feels as though you're in conversation with the man.
on January 6, 2015
One of the most entertaining books I've read. Keith doesn't pull any punches here. It's like talking to Keith in his living room. Hillarious!!! I didn't want it to end.