countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Tiny Fey the self deprecating Bossypants in the book of the same name, has managed to write an autobiography that reads more like a comedic movie script than a novel about her life The book is slightly dated now as her show 30 Rock is no more. Several of the people she mentions have died and many of the married couples have "uncoupled". But none the less, I still enjoyed her enormous sense of humour and what appears to be her advice on women executives (The Bossypants) and working women with children trying to have it all as well as being famous without acting like a famous star. I think it means not being a b--ch. Even is her advice is useless to your own life, you will laugh at the way she gives it.
on August 12, 2011
Thought I'd try an audiobook for when I run - just for something new to try. The used CD arrived in perfect condition, plastic wrapped etc.

I am not usually one to read autobiographies but I heard that light comedy is easiest for running, much like upbeat music is easier for most people to run to than slow music. It's interesting to hear Tina Fey read her own book aloud as it's not the same as seeing her act on a TV show. I have laughed out loud a few times (I'm on Disc 1 of 5 so far). I do love 30 Rock so I assumed I would enjoy her book.
on October 15, 2014
"Bossypants" is a fun read. I was really looking forward to a multitude of laughs but I have to say that I was slightly disappointed in that regard. There were definitely very funny sections but the book is not all laughs. Tina Fey's story and background insights into her own life were the most interesting parts for me. I appreciated reading her down to earth opinions of women's issues, the entertainment industry and relationships. From my reading perspective, Tina Fey, seems like the kind of boss or friend you would love to have. Kudos to her for writing a humorous and sincere account of her life so far.
on April 11, 2014
Love that this memoir is broken up into sections, so that you don't have to read them in order.

One of the stories I loved was when Tina Fey talked about how she was being nominated for some kind of Parenting Award by people who knew nothing about her parenting. She may or may not have felt particularly secure about her parenting skills at the time, which led her to make the decision she made (no spoilers here :).

Also, love the fact that Tina Fey never learned to drive:)! Makes her human:)!!!

Read the book, there is NOT A SINGLE REDUNDANT WORD in it!
on August 2, 2011
This book is meant to be savoured. I recommend you read a few pages at a time, and then go back to your macrame.

Unfortunately, I gobbled the whole thing down in one sitting.

I especially enjoyed Tina's views on raising children (as in, do not teach them they are the centre of the universe. Teach them the opposite.)

A funny, highly intelligent memoir. I normally avoid celebrity memoirs by running 500 km in the other direction. But this one is definitely worth buying and reading.
on August 19, 2015
This book was awesome, I've actually read it probably two or three times since I bought it. I was never die-hard fan of Tina Fey but her writing is such a great combination of funny and smart. I especially enjoyed the chapters where she talks about Sarah Palin and the one where she responds to comments about her posted online. I also routinely recite "under, over, through" to myself when dealing with work issues. Thanks Tina!
on February 10, 2014
There is no question that this is THE book to buy if you're a fan of Tina Fey. Going through her days in Second City with Amy Poehler, to Saturday Night Live, to 30 Rock, as well as her experiences as a mother and wife and all the life in between. Tina is honest, funny, and oddly insightful in experiences we all share, even if we aren't all crazy-successful and hosting the Emmys. ;)
on July 7, 2015
I unreservedly recommend this book to anyone, it's hilarious. You will end up reading this right through to the end, and you'll be reluctant to race ahead, since it means you will only have so much left. It shows Tina Fey can do anything, she's one of those people who is great at everything

Its one of my favorite books of all time, I will re-read it
on June 27, 2013
I really enjoyed this read, although I wasn't sure I would. I mean I don't watch TV and although I knew about SLN and the whole Sarah Palin thing it wasn't like I was a groupie. But the book was laugh out loud funny and had a wonderful conflicted feminist message that a woman of my age could thoroughly enjoy. You won't be sorry if you download this.
on April 23, 2014
I never knew much about Tina Fey, and had only watched her on SNL or 30 Rock a few times, but this book made all of that irrelevant. Fey tells you everything you need to know about her life in a way that is hilarious and endearing. The book seemed all too short.