countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Board book|Change

on January 27, 2011
My kids LOVE the movie Despicable Me and when I saw they reproduced the book that Gru read to the kids, I HAD to get it! It's a cardboard book and the art was pretty much the art in the movie. Unfortunately, the puppet kittens were not. My kids were a bit perplexed that the kittens did not go through holes in the front of the book like the movie and the little brush that you can take out to brush the kittens hair is not there. The puppets themselves were also not soft, quite stiff actually. So, it was fun for the first couple of days...and the novelty wore off.
on June 24, 2016
My daughter loves the movie despicable me and this is the book that is read to the children by Gru. It is her favourite book, especially making the kittens drink the milk. It unfortunately does not have the brush used to brush the kittens hair, but we pretend to use one anyways. So happy we bought this book :)
on October 21, 2014
For those of us who have to watch Despicable Me 1 and 2 at least once, if not twice a day...this was a no-brainer : ) I have an almost 4 year old grandson and a just over a year grandson. The movies themselves are awesome...so much detail and humour...awesome characters etc. Then there is the little book about the three sleepy kittens. How could I resist getting this for the littlest one, grandson that is : ) The story and graphics are exactly like the movie. The physical design of the book is a little different which you can see from the pic. There is no little brush to groom the kitties, but I figured that was probably a no-go before I ordered the book.

This is a good, solid board book for the lovers of the little kitty story. Others may be underwhelmed, but that's OK. I was just thrilled to find they had actually produced a book for it. Enjoy! BTW if you haven't watched the movies, they are total fun for children and adults. Seen them gazillion times now and still not tired of watching Gru and his crew : )
on May 17, 2012
I bought this book when my twins were just over a year old because I loved the movie Despicable Me even though I knew the girls would be too young to appreciate the hilarity of the book. Nevertheless, they love having the story read to them! It's very simple but they love it so it works!
on May 2, 2011
i knew the book was slightly different from the one on the movie, but for some reason it also doesn't catch my 3 year old's attention like the movie. i guess it's only good if mr. gru reads it. :}
on October 8, 2012
If you have seen the movie, this is the cutest book ever. Very awesome, but needs a brush to really make it work.
If you haven't seen the movie, it is just an ok little book.
on June 29, 2015
Love this book, got it for my friends daughter. If you watched Despicable Me there is a scene where the character reads a book to the children. This is that book.
on January 16, 2016
Really cute little book (featured in 'Despicable Me'). The three little kitten finger puppets really bring the story alive for my one-year-old grandson!
on November 4, 2013
OK the book is cute, BUT there are no places to put the finger puppets through as shown in the Despicable Me movie. I was very disappointed.
on February 24, 2014
I love that I could get the classic children's books all in one place and for an awesome price and free shipping!