Echo Dot bfdw boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Beauty home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools

Customer reviews

Kill Alex Cross
Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 27, 2017
Arrived by the estimated date. Exactly as described.
on October 16, 2017
Great book ! Lots of suspense! Real page turner !
on May 23, 2017
good book
on October 21, 2017
Love these books
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 18, 2012
Book 18, in the Alex Cross series

I have been a faithful follower of the Alex Cross series for many years now and I am always looking forward to reading what he has in store for us next. In this latest saga, things have been turn up a notch, it is faster and a little more exciting.

The story opens when the President's son and daughter are abducted from their school. Contrary to the wishes of many other influential people, the President requests Alex, a man who has not let him down in the past, to be the lead investigator. Alex is well-known to go the extra mile and think outside of the box to get favourable results under extreme circumstances.

Just as Alex seems to have the case of a life time on his hands he is drawn into other sub-plots. Terrorists are wreaking havoc in Washington D.C, they have assassinated the Secretary of State and at the same time they are tempering with the city's main water supply. On a personal side, Alex's grandmother, Nana, brings home a street child whose criminal action will eventually lead her to becoming a family member.

The plotting is a rollercoaster ride that progresses rapidly through short chapters and brief dialogue, it seems the newer the novel the more condensed the chapters are. However Mr. Patterson is well-known for his simple and entertaining style. This time to topic is based on terrorist activities with some neat twists to captivate us. Some of the players are your classic stereotype terrorists, their actions are somewhat predictable. They continually bad mouth the U.S.A. and when caught or have completed a mission they are perfectly willing to become martyrs for their cause and in this tale cyanide capsules are the recipe of the day. The recurring characters as well as Alex and his family haven't change much in a long time however Ava who is being introduced as new member will surely change the dynamic of the family.

I have mix feeling about this series but I seem to always come back to see what's new.
on December 27, 2011
This was a pretty good book and follows the similar plot development you see in many Patterson novels: two separate plotlines to follow. I have been disappointed by the last few Patterson novels when he has a co-author (Now You See Her and Tick Tock to name a few). I think that Patterson does better when he authors a book completely. I would prefer quality vs quantity as it's obvious he can write better on his own.
on December 11, 2011
Could not put book down, or could the the readers l passed it onto. Looking forward to the new book. Always good reading
on June 19, 2012
My attention was captured with the kidnapping of the Presidents children but I did NOT find the Terrorist sub-plot very captivating. Never the less, I kept reading and persevered to the end.
Not my favourite Alex Cross / Paterson book, but if I didn't read it, I would still be wondering what I missed!
If your a fan, you have to take a little bad with all that "Oh sooooo Good" :)
on November 1, 2012
To me all Alex Cross thrillers are 5 stars! I have read every single one of them and as always looking forward to the next one. James Patterson doesn't disappoint..it's a thrill ride..and one that you won't be able to put down.
on February 9, 2013
Kill Alex Cross...expected more....Patterson is getting lazy....too obvious...too much like other books....his first books were much moe engaging and suspensful!