countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2015
Holden Caulfield is a young person caught in the hold of grief for the death of his sibling who he loved and admired and considered superior to himself. No one identifies his problem, as no one would to this day. He is confused, angry, depressed, totally discouraged, suicidal, and out of control. That's grief for many people. It can knock you out of the running, and last a long time. His parents and the other authority figures in his life feel it best to soldier on, prepare for the future, be involved with life without any understanding that for some, the emotional devastation of the mourning process eliminates the ability to participate as would have been possible if it were not for the fate of grieving.
I think this book, read in the light of grief can help those of any age who are struck and confounded and isolated in the reaction to a significant loss.
on March 13, 2013
I've suddently developed an urge to purchase books that I've never read, but without spending a whole lot of cash, so naturally I turned to Amazon.ca to see what used books were available and I have purchased several classics and best sellers that I never had a chance to read, and now being retired have some time to develop my mind! I look forward to reading it soon.
Seen the movie though!
on October 25, 2016
Rough language - not what I expected. Probably not recommend it.
on July 14, 2014
Story wise, hated it. But the writing? Epic genius. The character was real, if you know what I'm saying. I don't know that we get to read work this raw anymore. Any writer worth their salt, should take a read... Now I know why they made most of us read it in high school. Fantastic.
on January 24, 2017
Classic novel. Needed it in my collection.
on December 8, 2016
I ordered this for a friend, so cannot comment on it .
on February 4, 2016
Good size for easy read, ok print. Kind of dumb story but I was curious and it did keep me entertained at times
on November 14, 2016
A classic never goes out of style
on January 15, 2017
Still a great book & a good read.
on April 18, 2017
Boring but okay. Its not a book where you're dying to read what comes next, but its not boring that you dont want to read it. I enjoyed it although not much happened.