Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

on November 22, 2017
I absolutely loved that book. Witty, funny, historical facts, characters you get to love, even the "bad ones", it's a story full of twists and superbe scenes like the before last chapter. The only thing missing: how the main character gets to finally fall in love/find a partner in the present (all the story happens in a past that leads to a in-the-present identity). Or maybe I just did not want the story to finish just yet...
on July 5, 2015
This is a terrific story. I read it shortly after it was first published and thought it was primarily about gender. On reading it again I realize that is about all aspects of life, marriage, faith and family. The characters are rendered in exquisite detail but using a broad brush. Everyone you have ever known is represented plus many you wish you knew and others you are glad you don't. It's a great story superbly told.
on July 18, 2017
A wonderful story well told. A great mix of history, growing up tale, runaway child tale, reconciliation story, often very funny - basically this book has it all!
on July 5, 2007
First of all, I blame M. Eugenides for me being so tired. I just couldn't put this book down, going to bed to late for a mother of young children. Callie/cal is the best character I've ever had the pleasure to read. This book has everything you would want in a book. From being well written to making you laugh. Travelling trou wars and living as a person of another ethicity. Eugenides takes you tru 3 amazing generations of lovable people, making you question if something like that could happen to you and your family. You will not be able to put this book down. Middlesex is light yet hard to take at some periods of time. Sexy and blend, tearfull and wishfull. Enjoy the ride.
2 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of the book, I thought it was slow for most of the first half and glossed over a lot of the interesting parts of the second half. But our book club got a lot of in-depth discussion out of it so it was definitely worth the read!
on August 28, 2016
A Greek family relocates from a villiage near Mt. Olympus to Grosse Pointe MI. An enjoyable, excellent read about a Greek-American family. It resonates in many ways, with my own childhood.
on December 15, 2017
Great
on October 20, 2014
Loved this book and bought it for a friend having read it myself when it first came out. Amazing narrative including historic facts and unforgettable characters.
on October 21, 2016
One of my favourite authors. Very compelling novel on some challenging and at times "taboo" subject matter.
on December 4, 2017