Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

• Night
  • Customer reviews

Night
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$7.34+ $5.74 shipping

on September 4, 2015
It is difficult reading about the h9olocost. However, I had to read it for school so I dug in, and as I was drawn in by the riveting story I knew I had to just read the whole thing at once because I had to know if he survived...which of course he did because he wrote it! This was a nice new clean copy and I would buy from this distributor again. I highly recommend reading this book because it makes you so aware of the realities of our world, the capability of humans (how innocent they were and how lethal people can be), and what we all have to be thankful for.
One person found this helpful
on March 5, 2018
The book is written very well. The author took me to where he was, how he felt and what he was going through. It was hard to read time to time but it is a such a good book. I enjoyed very much!
on July 24, 2016
Should be standard reading. May we never forget how horribly we can treat/dehumanize/destroy others. One can't complain of the trivial matters that we are usually absorbed in. Let's never forget the democratic institutions we in the advanced world so enjoy but rarely acknowledge, respect or protect. May we always be vigilant to those people, groups and countries that try to roll back the levers that prevent such atrocities.
on July 30, 2016
I was rocked with such emotion throughout this book. Mr. Wiesel, along with the thousands of Jewish prisoners of Hitler's regime, tells such a tale that evoked such sorrow ... I am truly disgraced to think of how 'humans' can treat fellow 'humans'. I would definitely strongly recommend this book!
on July 30, 2017
Great read about personal experience during the Holocaust. It was a terrible, horrifying time in world history. It's amazing that anyone survived the concentration camps let alone live to write about their time spent there. Amazing story.
One person found this helpful
on September 29, 2007
First of all, let me say that this is the very first book about the Holocaust I've ever read. I've seen documentaries about the holocaust, images, and newspaper articles, but I've never read a first-hand account until now. This book completely blew me away. I read it continuously over 2 days and learned about determination, love, loss, cruelty, compassion, and of the lucky few who survived. Like many, I had some idea that the holocaust was about gas chambers and furnaces used to kill and cremate human beings. I had no idea, however, of the many other hardships imposed on the Jews during the Holocaust, both before, leading up to, and - for the lucky few - after the mass killings. I'd recommend this book without reservation to anyone interested in learning about this horrific, brutal period of human history, as told with great honesty by someone who lived through it. As Elie Wiesel writes, "we must never forget". -5/5
15 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2017
ordered both the book & audio cd so I can listen and follow along in the book. happy with he book because it is easy to hold & read from.
on January 9, 2018
A very sad book to read, but well written. My son had to read this for school and suggested I would find it interesting - well worth the read.
on April 17, 2017
Another great account of the holocaust.
2 people found this helpful
on April 14, 2016
This book is a hard, righteous slap in the conscience to everyone of good will in the world and should stand as a reminder of both: 1) the almost unimaginable brutality that we, as a species, are capable of; and 2) that when it comes to preventing or stopping similar kinds of atrocities or punishing those that seek to perpetrate such crimes, WE ARE OUR BROTHERS' KEEPERS and must take responsibility for what occurs "on our watch."