Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on December 31, 2016
Our pediatrician recommended this book. It is really a great read for a parent of preteen girls.
on November 8, 2017
I found the book isn't very current with today's issues.
on October 7, 2015
Recommended to me by our daughter's pediatrician. It is good to know I am not alone :)
on January 6, 2016
Every parent of a teen should read this book....Excellent book!
on October 4, 2016
Easy read that helped put my concerns in perspective
on June 5, 2015
Great book especially for parents with difficult teens
on September 5, 2002
Many parents of teenagers feel that their world has suddenly been invaded by creatures from another planet. What once was a well-behaved child has suddenly become a disrespectful, obnoxious creature with no consistency or logic whatsoever to their behavior. Anthony Wolf takes us on a wonderful trip to their planet to help us to understand what is going on in their world and why they act the way they do.
Sharing the knowledge that he has accumulated over years of counseling, he shows us that, believe it or not, teenagers often do make perfect sense! With a witty writing style he shows deep insight into why teenagers act the way they do, why girls and boys generally deal with teenage feelings differently, the perils and problems of each and how these fears and feelings manifest themselves in the teenager's actions and language.
Filled with positive advice such as knowing when you have won and need to stop instead of continuing a battle, how to pick your battles, and how not to get sucked into a battle that really has nothing to do with the subject being discussed. Some of the most important points that he makes includes the fact that it is a temporary situation and soon they will be past the teenage years, you will not make the right decision every time and it is okay to make a wrong one, and what you do now does make a difference even though it does not appear to have any effect right now.
A highly recommended book for parents who want to understand what their teenagers are going through and how they can appreciate and help them through those difficult years.
on October 1, 2001
Although there are some good statements made in this book for the most part it seems we are being told that there really is not much you can do. These teens and the language they are using is not acceptable. I've had four teens and my share of problems but I've never had a teen stand and call me a name or say F.. you or anything even near this. This book brings up some very real situations but really offers little in the way of solutions. That stinks, I already know what the situation is I need useable advice on what works. The advice hear is don't push to hard and just let things slide after all they are just teenagers. In fact this book seems to say don't expect too much. Bull, if I say be home at 11:30 then be home at 11:30. I can't believe all the reviews were so great on this book. Come on parents who is the boss in your home!
on May 28, 2000
It's true! All the guilt feelings, the wondering if you are doing okay as a parent, the worry over your child's behavior (or lack of), the horrible sense that you just may have created a monster - it all goes away with this book. And pleasantly too! Any parent of teenage children will appreciate this book immensely. Sometimes just knowing that you are not alone is enough. Enjoy!
on May 2, 2001
While no two teens are exactly alike, Dr. Wolf does a great job of capturing the experience of raising a teen. The teen-parent dialogs are right on target, and his suggestions for dealing with the day to day aggravations of living with "baby adults" are very practical and sound. This book confirmed much of what I had discovered by trial and error, and it was a relief to have the validation and reassurance of an expert.