Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

Customer reviews

Ashes in the Wind
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on March 22, 2013
Ok, so I'm a Kathleen Woodiwiss junky ... I love everything that she has written. I originally bought this book 25 years ago, and lent it out and never got it back. I have all of her novels, and reread them often. I hadn't read Ashes in 25 years and thought since I didn't have it in book form, I 'd buy it in Kindle, so glad I did. Love, Love the characters, her writing brings them to life to the point that I feel like I'm standing right there with them. Absolutely fabulous ... a must read.
on April 24, 2015
Excellent.
on January 10, 2008
While this is not Gone With the Wind, it is still a highly enjoyable civil war romance, heavy on the romance and light on the history. Sometimes, one still has to resort to the guilty pleasures of romantic fiction and this is a good choice. Alaina and Cole are very sweet, and "Al" and "his" antics are hysterical, as are Cole's reactions to him. Of course it takes forever for our H&H to get together, but the scene where they argue chasing each other back and forth between adjoining bedrooms was very entertaining, and the sparks were flying.

The ending was a bit trite and predictable, but I loved the epilogue. I had hoped the author would resolve that one last issue. All in all, very entertaining, I had a difficult time putting it down for more than a few moments, and I will read this again and again.
on July 24, 2001
Its been so long since I read a Woodiwiss novel, I forgot why she was once my favorite. K.W. creates a turbulent setting amidst the Civil War. One full of violence, passion, love and understanding.
The main characters are beautifully drawn out, as is the story line. One of my favorite aspects of any Woodiwiss book is that the romantic struggle ends somewhere before the end of the story, and we are able to view the couple grow together, face adversary as one. I was not disappointed by Ashes in the Wind.
on March 12, 2004
From the moment you start reading you will not want to put this book down. Kathleen is a master and this is one of my favorite novels by her. I feel so much emotion for both Alaina and Cole. Laugh at the antics of "Al" and want to shout at Cole for not seeing the truth before his eyes. The scenery, characters and story line are so vividly described you will want to go to sleep at night just to dream...
on July 17, 2000
I've read almost every one of KEW's novels and she is my favorite romance writer. Ashes In The Wind is by far my favorite romance of all time! I've always been drawn to heroines who must hide their identity in order to survive. Probably because one of my fantasies growing up was about disguising myself as a boy and sailing away to adventure in the 19th century. This is a MUST READ!
on January 6, 2002
Just like all of KEW's books, this has a very good ending that keeps up in suspence. I love how there is allways a mystery tied in with the romance that keeps you guessing throught the whole book. I have to be honest....the first part of the book wasn't very good but the second part just blew me away. I do recommend this book like all of KEW's books but if you find it getting boring just have faith and keep reading because it gets really good.
on February 5, 2002
This is a fabulous romance novel, with fascinating characters, set against the tragedy of the Civil War. Many women are known to have disguised themselves as men to fight - Alaina disguises herself for survival and meets the love of her life.
I keep hoping for a sequel - whatever happens to Alaina's brother Jason after the war?
on June 26, 2001
„Ashes in the wind" was my second Woodiwiss, after „The flame and the flower". So I had great expectations, hoping for another unique story and adorable couple, and then I was very disappointed. The story was improbable and I didn't like Alaina at all - she was so stubborn and non-amiable, I don't understand how Cole could love her. My message to all romance readers: Skip this one and read „Shanna" or „A rose in winter" for example.
on September 8, 2000
If I could have written a love story for my life, it would have been Ashes in the Wind. When I read the novel, it transported me to a time and place that is still hidden away in my heart. Here is it now, well over 20 years and I still feel as strongly about Ashes in the Wind as I felt then. Some novel are close to magical and this one is as close as you can get. The book was and is incredible. There are books that you remember and there are books that touch your soul. Ashes in the Wind is a book that I will never forget reading. Ashes in the Wind is truly the best novel Kathleen Woodiwiss has written. I loaned my first copy, but I recently bought another copy to keep forever.