Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

• 1Q84
  • Customer reviews

1Q84
Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 19, 2016
Great story, one of the longest story (or the longest, I don't know) the author wrote.

The Japanese version and other translations versions published the story into a series of three different books. This English version is amazing in price in one book with over 1000 pages.
on March 30, 2018
I enjoyed immersing myself in this world and following the story as it played with reality. The story moves along at a pace that enables you to enjoy the details of the settings while getting to know the characters. It sort of feels like experiencing a dream.
on March 3, 2018
Great women in this novel. Not a dystopia but a path back from another future. I liked the humanity of the two killers
on July 10, 2017
Definitely a must read if you're a Murakami fan. Even if you're not it's worth reading as his writing style is very captivating and reminds me of the culture in Japan.
on December 16, 2016
Looonnggg read, but the writing style is unique and exquisite. I felt so calm every time I read it, it's one of the few books I would re-read.
on May 25, 2015
Fantastic read - I picked up the book in the library and then had to purchase it on my Kindle for my travels. The narratives of both the lead characters are equally intriguing and the build up convincing. I've heard that Murakami's style is not as accessible in his other books, but I definitely didn't feel it with this one.
on September 15, 2013
I found the first volume quite captivating and the characters were well introduced. Then the story began to lose its focus. It was too long and rather pointless towards the end. Many things did not get resolved or explained clearly. Besides the love story and the revenge launched towards domestic abuse, nothing really made much sense.
on May 15, 2013
Very long book, but one of my favorites that I have ever read. Certainly kept me captivated and I love the similarities in concept with 1984...another one of my favorite books.
on March 12, 2015
Murakami is a wonderful storyteller. He has a sharp eye for possibility; the fantastic that he pulls into life is totally believable and follows a logic all of its own. Not quite as taut as Kafka on the Seashore but well worth the read.
on November 2, 2017
One of my all-time favourites...of course, you don't know me so...