countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care home Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on October 20, 2011
This book was recommended to me by Amazon. After looking at the 5 or 6 ratings/reviews that raved about this book I bought it instantly. I feel somewhat torn in my overall opinion of the book. It was without a doubt a very unique idea and that is part of the reasons that i did like this book. The author does a fabulous job creating the circus and does in fact make you wish that it would come and visit your town! However, I found it increasingly frustrating as the book goes on. The dates for each chapter in the book seem to jump all over the place and I found it quite annoying to try and follow. This combined with so many questions surrounding the actual competition and some of the characters made it difficult for me to stay interested at certain points in the book. Sometimes when i picked it up i really enjoyed it and other times I could have set it right back down. I didn't particularly care for the ending.. I guess i was expecting more, but I absolutely adored the first chapter "Anticipation". After reading the entire book this is still my favourite part and the one thing keeping me from donating the book to the local library. I don't dislike the book but, but I don't think I will read it again (well, maybe the first chapter!! )

I do wish I had enjoyed it as much as everyone else on here seems to have.
on March 23, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. I don't know what I was expecting, as I purchased it for Book Club, but it was very entertaining, and lots of good conversation about it after we had all read it.
on July 25, 2017
Brilliantly written, this book is a visual feast! Each character is clearly defined. Every time I picked the book up to continue reading I was immediately drawn into the circus... and the game. The story is dark, verging on morose, but never disturbing.
on April 23, 2017
In a genre rich in talent and material, this debut novel nevertheless stands out!
on June 17, 2017
A good read, interesting and well written but a bit dry at times. Not one that kept me up at midnight begging for one more page.
on March 23, 2017
The reviews are deserved. It is a lush magical world built and revealed with care.
on April 7, 2017
Excellent book. It really has a magic to it that kept me constantly intrigued.
on July 19, 2017
Loved it, till the end. The end was not impactful but the overall story was great.
on February 4, 2017
Love love love. Read it in one day!!!
on April 7, 2017