countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

on June 17, 2017
Seem to be good quality too. Look great. Just as described. Absobuly love this product. Strongly recommend. Good bargain Good, its good quality suprised me.
on June 4, 2017
The book is a good read but the product wasn't in great condition. It has stains on the cover and the spine of the book has watermarks that run to the face of the book. I purchased it new. Was expecting it to be in new condition.
on June 2, 2017
Great insights into how our biases lead us to make suboptimal decisions but the book need to be this long? Daniel won a noble prize for essentially proving that the Utility Theory we have been learning in economics for decades is wrong. Utility Theory assumes we are rational decision makers and when we have a choice we will always make the optimal decision. Through creative research methods, Daniel and Co. successfully illustrated that we are in fact not rational and that our biases lead us astray. The book is divided into four segments; first part is focused on how bad we are at statistics; the second part is the main chunk focused on our cognitive biases and decision-making abilities; next, he talks about how we can improve our abilities and be cognizant of these biases; finally, and I enjoyed this part the most, he talks about what makes us happy and divides happiness into the "remembering" and "experiential" happiness. I think the final piece has borrowed some work from Daniel Gilbert's Stumbling Upon Happiness.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely, I have been highly recommending this book to everyone I know. Daniel does an excellent in making this a very readable and enjoyable book.

Cons: The book is fairly longer than it needs to be. Daniel often goes off on a tangent and I lose track of what his point is.
on May 16, 2017
Good book recommended by friend.
on May 11, 2017
Best book on behavioral economics one can find!
on May 9, 2017
Excellent... A Must Read... Comprehensive and Enlightening... I Will Need To Search Out More on This Topic and The Writer... 😀👌Thxs Joe
on May 9, 2017
C'est intéressant de voir les différentes études qui ont été faites. Ça aide à comprendre notre façon de prendre des décisions
on May 9, 2017
I'm still working on it. Very dense. But the insights are useful in all kinds of contexts, education, parenting, etc.
on May 6, 2017
It was a lot to digest, but if you stick with it... the content of this book will change how you think.

I was introduced to Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky in Michael Lewis' book 'The Undoing Project'. These Psychologists, and their findings intrigued me, and spurred me to find out more. What was really apparent in Lewis' book is how many other people, in other fields they inspired. Their findings were the pebble in the pond that rippled into waves. (Like Richard Thaler in Economics, and Dr Gawul in Medicine)

I was surprised to have so many 'Ah ha!' moments with 'Prospect theory'. and I especially love how Kahneman takes the intuitive out of decision making. I reviewed some recent investment decisions made without his model, and it does show I let my intuition fool me over statistical facts. Hence Kahneman gave me a way to catch myself to prevent me from a disillusioned intuitive decision into a more rational one, just by asking a simple checklist question.

As an investor Kahneman thinks I am disillusioned anyhow, but his models help with decisions, so even though he doesn't approve... I appreciate.

Lovely content, and for the right people this is a game changer.
on April 24, 2017