countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 19, 2016
Read the book. The movie is just drivel catering to the feeble of mind. The book on the other hand is an adventure story of a few clear minded individuals as they figure out what is happening in the market then capitalize on it. The story is gripping and you are willing on the protagonists to succeed.
on July 17, 2016
An excellent account of those who profited from the herd's stupidity.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 4, 2016
Having loved the film, I decided to buy the book it was based on. The Big Short is an informative and entertaining look at the 2008 financial crisis, primarily from the perspective of those who anticipated the housing market collapse and bet against the market. You will find that many of the scenes from the film were taken directly from the book. With the book you just get more details and a few extra stories and characters. I was particularly keen to learn about the $9 billion trading loss of Howie Hubler at Morgan Stanley. The Benny Kleeger mentioned in the film is really referring to Howie.
on June 10, 2016
I really enjoyed this book..
on May 18, 2016
Its a book. A good one. It has many pages and smells of rich mohagany.

I didn't read it, was a gift for a family member.

Also, It's Uncanny that it has the same name as my... Nevermind.
on April 18, 2016
East to read and understand.
on April 8, 2016
The movie got me hungry, the book satisfied me...but now I'm even more curious.... Going to look into his previous book.
on March 18, 2016
Great read. I saw the movie first and I must say that I enjoyed the book more. Michael Lewis is a great author.
on February 26, 2016
Very timely read. What the economy went through in 2007 mirrors what we are soon to go through in 2016
on February 4, 2016
excellent, can hardly wait to see the movie
was a bit surprised that this started already in the Reagan administration and got progressively worse
nevertheless with all the changes of the law we are in 2016 back again with new and improved deception and shenanigans