Echo Dot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite The 2018 Canadian Music Awards sports Tools

Customer reviews

Death Benefit
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). See all 7 reviews
on December 20, 2013
I can't recall for sure but I think that it's the first book that I read by this author. I'm not usually interested in medical thrillers but this one turned out to be interesting. I found the premise to be quite intriguing...who would have thought that another scam like the real estate subprime scam could ever be invented... This book will make you want to cancel your life insurance!!! That said, the heroine is quite unlikeable and I found it hard to cheer her along as she tries to figure out who killed her mentor. Actually, while the story is wrapped up neatly in the end, it's never quite clear exactly how the researchers were killed and that oversight bugged me. Also, the French translation isn't very good, in my opinion. No matter, I give it 3 stars out of five (good).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 20, 2012
The first half of the book was very interesting and fascinating then it went blah. I completely lost interest half way through the book so I skipped to the ending. The book was an interesting look at what conflicts biotech can cause with life insurance and Wall Street (greed, evil greed).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse