countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 10, 2013
I initially bought the first edition while shopping for some legal publications. I picked it up as I had started to browse it in the book store and found myself laughing. It turned out to be the start of a subsequent sharing career. Tim seemed determined to take me in hand as I was invited to one of his one-day seminars in Vancouver, BC as a guest by a Company Associate I knew at the time. He even signed my book - with love... Anyways, I have used and read and re-read this book many times with the old adage being true as you develop you gain more understanding of what he was expounding. I bought this book to give to another person who would really benefit from Tom's knowledge and experience. My friend says he cannot sell. He doesn't understand one should not sell...as such. Tom has a great sense of humor and it keeps peeking out throughout the content. This is a very valuable book.
on July 22, 1999
How to Master the Art of Selling is a book that must be read by anyone planning on entering the sales profession, and everyone currently in sales. No matter how good a salesperson you believe yourself to be, your sales skills can be sharpened by the information contained within the pages of this book. Tom Hopkins has been a master salesperson for many years. He has taken the time to compile all of his proven sales techniques and list them in an easy to follow format. Since I read this book, my sales have increased dramatically. Even though I have read this book from cover to cover many times, something new is gained every time I read it. You don't have to be in sales to benefit from the knowledge that is in this book. What you are selling does not necessarily have to be a product. It could be a point of view or an idea. How would you like to be able to talk someone into or out of something? You will be able to, if you follow the guidelines that are in this book. You will have a better understanding as to what people think about when they make decisions. Mr. Hopkins calls the people who have mastered the techniques in this book "champions". He says, "you know the champions when they walk through the door." If you want to be a champion,
on October 22, 2003
I notice a lot of negative reviews by people who aren't worthy to shine Tom's shoes. This book made the careers of many sales professionals, and deserves to be treated with respect. I went through several copies in the early 80's, replete with underlining. Of course there has been progress in selling since them! Does that mean that we need to diss those who have contributed to the advancement of this profession?
As far as substance, Tom explains each of the stages of salesmanship in simple, but not simplistic, terms. It is as good an introduction to the field as any you are likely to find. It is up there with Zig's best. And, I might add, Zig and Tom would pay homage to Frank Bettger, Elmer Wheeler and other pioneers who blazed the trail.
on July 5, 2004
I am a VERY successful media salesperson and was introduced to this TAPE SERIES right out of college. I had NO clue of how to sell and this tape series gave me the solid foundation upon which to build. After a few years I read "How To Win Friends And Influence People" and after I put both of these works together, it was MAGIC! I am the most successful salesperson in my industry and I constantly have clients "BEGGING" to give me all of their money. The interesting thing is that money is not the reason that I am in sales. However, I have more money than I could possibly spend! And, when I asked a close associate why she thought all of this was happening, she and I sat down and figured it out. The answer was that the principles of both of these works have become such a part of me that I hadn't realized how Effective, Unique and Valuable they were. At one point I said to her, "Doesn't everybody treat their clients this way" and she said- THAT'S IT! You really DON'T get it! That's why you're SO GOOD! It's not an act. You're sincere and the fact that you actually care about them really comes through and sets you apart so much!
Enough said.
on March 19, 1999
"Back in 1978, my mother purchased a ticket for me to attend a sales seminar. She wouldn't tell me the speaker's name because she knew that if the subject involved selling, I wouldn't want to go. (After all, I was a hot UCLA student who knew everything!) But when my mother told me that she had spent $50 for the ticket, I didn't know what to do. (Back then fifty bucks was a lot of money to me. I come from a family of 9 children and money was tight.) I knew that mom must have thought alot about this man to pay so much money, and that I never could face my mother again if I didn't attend the seminar, so I boarded a bus, and went to the seminar. The usher was just closing the door and he led me inside the room, showed me my seat and then picked up a microphone that was on a stand and started speaking! I spent the entire day mesmerized by this amazing, enthusiastic speaker and to this day, I consider Tom Hopkins to be the best instructor I ever had while at UCLA. This book, How to Master the Art of Selling, is a classic. It is a model of excellence. It's outstanding. I believe that if you are involved in selling, it is mandatory to have a library of books on sales that you read and re-read. This is one of those books that should be on your library shelf. The pages of my copy are now rainbow colored due to the various shades of high-liter pen I've used over the years. What about yours?"- Bob Boog, author of Selling Homes 1-2-3
on January 1, 2011
For someone like myself about to start a new career in the world of selling, this books comes at a perfect time. The book is equal parts education and motivation, and I highly recommend it.
on March 20, 2002
Copious strategies for becoming a salesmanship champion fill the pages of Tom Hopkins' book. This is a handbook for those who are eager to become sales masters, but are asking themselves, "What do I do next?" "How do I deal with a procrastinating client?" or "How can I effectively present my product?" Hopkins conveys instructions and suggestions through a variety of sales conversations. The author, a master salesman, is obviously enthusiastic about helping others succeed in sales. His strategies, which are based on seminars he teaches, include steps for organizing and writing a successful sales presentation. He also provides strategies for closing sales. The information could be more compact and less repetitive, but it is logical and sometimes even funny. We from getAbstract recommend this book to people involved in all levels and aspects of sales.
on October 24, 2001
on July 12, 1998
That question just steered you in the direction you already wanted to go. It helped you jump over any hurdle you created in your mind as to whether this book is worth the investment. If you answered "yes", do you want to buy this book yesterday or today? If you answered,"no", I have some beautiful swap land in Florida for sale. There are good investments (other sales books), then there is a phenomenal investment,"The Art of Selling Anything" by Tom Hopkins. There is only one investment better then this book: The collection of tapes that go along with it (order from the back of the book). Yes, the tapes are expensive, so if you are on a tight budget, ask yourself this question. Is it worth eating macaroni and cheese for a few months in order to have enough income to buy gourmet meals for the rest of your life?
on February 12, 1998
Just about every page is exciting to read, because you can feel yourself getting phsyched up. I bought this book in Aug. '96. Read it once and reviewed it a year or so later. And then several brief reviews after that. I just recently picked it up again (Feb. '98) to start reading it from front to back. It IS timeless, it is a reference for ALL times...90's, 2000, etc. ***Especially good if you ARE a Champion sales person and have drifted into a slump. JUST get the book and read it. You'll see the results. I am Car Salesman (#1 - 2 yrs in a row..'96 & '97) in a top store. I also handle all of the Internet Sales for this store (a breed in itself!). I have read many books on selling and this IS tops. So if you're like me, the goal of hitting over the $100k/yr mark, we all need this reference book in order to hit this paycheck amount!