Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire TV Stick Basic Edition WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on February 5, 2018
Read this 'timeless' classic when I was 8, and again at 16, and now at this ripe old age it is STILL , by far a favorite! If you never had the experience I strongly suggest taking your electronics and locking them up, and then let your imagination carry you--away. Started my whole love affair with science fiction, which continues to this day.
on November 6, 2013
This book was one of the first of what we now consider as the science fiction genre. H G Wells had a brilliant mind and wrote speculative fiction that lasts and is still consumed to this day. Steamj punk also owes a lot to what H G Wells wrote. For Mr Wells the Victorian era was what he lived in and the mix of that era and sc-fi is what we now call "Steam Punk".
This book still tracks well and was my first introduction into science fiction. Manymovies of varying quality have been made based on this book. The book itself is far better than any of those movies.
This is one of those books that I turn back to and re-read on afrequent basis. It keeps getting better and better in my mind.
on May 15, 2015
Having never read this sci-fi/fantasy novel, and yet I have read umpteen numbers of books that either directly or subtly reference it (I'm looking at you, Stephen King), I decided it was high time to proceed into the Morlock hole. While the tone of The Time Machine harkens back a bit, it is a nice break from modern day fiction and definitely still easily understood (i.e. it is not Beowulf). Even though relatively short, the message intended is conveyed clearly and is still painfully relevant today, perhaps even more so.
on March 16, 2015
The first book I had read by H.G. Wells and I was surprised by how smooth and engaging the storytelling is. Beautiful cadence and thoughtfully told. Unlike any other sci-fi I've read. From this book, I've also read a handful of his short stories. Even for those of us who aren't completely sold on the genre, this classic grips and pulls a reader into the traveller's world. Awe-inspiring. Truly a great work of literature.
on December 1, 2016
This is the greatest dramatization ever recorded.
It is even greater than any film!

It follows the novel closely except for some minor points which I will not get into as I do not
want to spoil it for others.

FANTASTIC!
on January 5, 2018
Love this classic from my childhood from H.G. Wells that is about time travel. Unfortunate that today's generation has never heard of The Time Machine.
on October 6, 2017
I'm utterly awed that one man could have had such foresight in 1895. I wish this had been part of the mandatory reading list in high school! It's wholeheartedly fantastic and says so much in just 76 pages.
on March 20, 2015
Absolutely amazing. I had taken to reading t shortly after finishing George orwell's Animal farm, and what a read. The settings are illustrated on level with Edgar Allen Poe's into the maelstrom, and the concepts of futures and possibilities that lie within the pages have a way of drawing you far from anything else you can do. As an avid gamer this pulled me away from games for the last week well I read it everywhere I went, moments without the ability to continue reading it were spent theorizing it's next turns and future plot. 100/10 worth not studying for finals for!
on March 28, 2018
Old book, fun to read...if you are interested in the era and time travel.
on December 6, 2016
Cover of the book was different, but same book. Fairly interesting story, had to buy it for a class but the product itself is good quality.