countdown boutiques-francophones Luxury Beauty home Kindle sports Tools

on February 7, 2004
I picked this book up while browsing the shelves at Barnes and Noble. I had previously read the "Dummies" series on investing, but I found that they joked around way too much. Investing my money is not a joking matter. Kelly unclouded many of the issues that were keeping me from taking the leap into the market. He gives clear and precise instructions on building a "Stocks to Watch" worksheet and how to eliminate the losers and keep your winners. He gives various strategies from long term investing to the more aggresive growth funds. I am now in the process of applying his methods of building a balanced portfolio of my own. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who is serious about making money on Wall Street.
on April 2, 2012
This book is litterally THE neatest little guide to stock market investing. It presents and explains every aspect of investing in very simple words. Excellent for beginners and it contains some usefull tips for more advanced investors.
on April 25, 2004
From my own personal experience of reading this book several times, page to page, I can certainly say that it has become a valuable investment for me as an investor and also for several friends and colleagues. Not only does Jason Kelly speculate on the differences between Growth and Value investing, he also provides you with CRITICAL information on how to wisely invest in both catagories. My advice is to read this book and soak it in. If you pay attention and take just a little time out of your day, even if only before bed or during your lunch break, I can assure you that it will improve your investment strategies 100%! READ THIS BOOK
on March 9, 2012
This book is super! It really explains how to get ready to invest in the stock market,from the bottom up.
How to choose a broker,what kind of brokers there are,key words in investing and tricks as you invest.
Jason explains this VERY well,he uses very understandable examples & puts a bit of fun into it.
If your new to investing,I highly reccomend this read.
Although Im in Canada & the book is about the US market-the method is the same.
Its the best book written about how to invest for a newbie & I have read sevreal books on this subject!
You cant go wrong this this puppy.
Enjoy :)
on February 24, 2004
I found Jason Kelly's book "The Neatest Little..." to be very informative and his prose style made this book fun to read. With Jason's help, I now feel that I am on my way to moving from novice investor to intermediate and hopefully onward from there. Too many investment authors straddle the fence of opinion. Jason tells you what he thinks. I like that. I think that I will continue to find the information provided in this book to be useful to me for years to come. I am looking forward to reading more of Jason's work.
Thanks Jason Kelly.
on June 2, 2004
This is the first book I have ever bought about stock market trading, because all of the other ones scared me away with their big talk and wall street jargon. Jason Kelly has finally brought the high powered language of stock trading to a level we can all understand, and in a very entertaining way. I bought this to learn about stocks, and in a lot of ways, it felt like a leisure read. I read it cover to cover in one sitting on a Saturday; that's how much it hooked me! This book is a MUST have to any stock market initiate. Hats off, Jason.
on March 27, 2009
Honestly, this is a great book for beginners. I am a very young and uneducated investor and I went from knowing NOTHING about stocks and how they worked to knowing what I do now, buying and selling my first stocks. And seeing PROFITS from each and every one of my picks! I thank Jason and his book for starting it ALL for me. This book has paid for itself tons and tons of times over! To anyone hemming and hawing about stocks and hesitant to get involved because of not understanding them, BUY THIS BOOK! It will pay off.
on February 25, 2004
Jason Kelly did an excellent job explaining all the critical information about stock market investing. The examples were clear and concise without going into too much unnecessary detail. I come from a background where I knew stocks could provide some significant benefits, and with the format of this book, it really cut-to-the-chase and made it very exciting and interesting. The only thing I can think of to improve on would be to consider a small section on what you can actually expect when you start the research process.
on February 2, 2012
This is a great little primer for stock investing. If you are starting with no knowledge this book is very helpful. If you have read similar books though it might be redundant but it does have some good strategies for investing. On a side note the author lives in Japan and after the March 11th earthquake set up and ran a charity to bring socks to people who lost everything in the tsunami. While I'd be inclined to give this four stars, because of his altruism I think it needs five.
on February 16, 2004
Purchasing Jason Kelly's The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing may be the most valuable investment that you ever make in your life. Kelly breaks down all of the complicated Wall Street jargon into plain easy to read English. This book will have you up to speed on stocks and investing like a pro in no time. If you're thinking about investing in the market and are not sure where to start, start by reading The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing.