countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Music Deals Store

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 16, 2015
I got this book because I didn't know a darn thing about stocks. Before this, stocks to me were nothing more than fluctuating numbers on the bottom of the news channel and crazy charts for business people. Boy was I wrong.
This book is very well organized and well written (has many editions, written and developed over the last decade).
It has everything you could ever need.
Many of my questions were answered, some I never even knew that I needed to know about.
Some of my most favourite parts are:
Stock lingo and jargon, what stocks are, why they're important, why stocks affect us more than we think and vise versa, how many approaches there are to investing, and finally the book provides you with the tools and resources needed to start a portfolio.
on January 7, 2013
I love this book as it walks me - the dummy through everything I need to know before I jump into the sea and drown myself. I would recommed it to serious investment learners.
on April 29, 2013
This isn't the only good book on stock market investing out there... but it's one of them. Jason writes in an entertaining style that keeps the language of stocks from making the book too dry. If you want to get into the stock market, I recommend this book.
on September 6, 2013
I have read few books as a beginner and found this one the best one. It guides you completely through the learning process and even helps you to make your first portfolio. A must read if you want to begin investing your hard earned money and not losing it.
on July 16, 2013
Since when is stock market (or any other kind of) investing so easy? With this book, Jason Kelly explains in relatively simple terms using a basic, simple example (too simple in some cases, but whatever) why stocks and stock markets exist, how they work, and how to use them. Then he goes on to explain how to select companies in which to invest. This is much more difficult and can only be mastered (does anyone ever really master it, other than Warren Buffett?) with practice over time.

Bottom line: Yes, I would recommend this to friends and colleagues.
on April 8, 2016
Very well written book. I have been looking for resources what would explain the workings of stock market in simple English and Jason Kelly has nailed it. I feel so much informed after reading this (and the 3% Signal --- his other book). I have been investing in index-funds for the past 7 years and I always questioned if there is another way to have the money grow in such a stress-free manner (i.e. re balance the funds once a year and avoid the stock market noise). Reading these two books has assured me that low-cost index funds are definitely the way to go from a long-term point-of-view. I will be employing the techniques that he mentioned in 3% Signal.

This book (The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing) will be one of my favorite books and I have referred it to other people as well.

Thank you Jason for you writing style. It makes understanding the hard concept so much easier.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 3, 2015
This is a great introduction to the stock market, and is very well written. Kelly manages to avoid using too much jargon, and presents the subject in an engaging and humorous way. He also does a great job of introducing key terms and concepts while still keeping a good grasp on the overall picture. I bought this as my start to learning about stocks, and it definitely served me well. He starts with the very basics and works his way up, so even if you have no prior knowledge you will be able to keep up with a bit of patience. I liked this book so much I actually read it twice to really remember all of the information the author packs into a relatively small space.

This book is a great way to introduce yourself to stocks and investing, and provides an excellent jumping-off point to delving into more specific areas of the subject.
on January 19, 2014
I bought this book because I knew nothing about the stock market. The book introduces you to the basics and also the different measures that constitute a good company. The provided sheet at the end to identify good investments is also very handy.

The book also talks a lot about the 2008 crash in the automotive industry and what warning signs were available to avoid catastrophic loss of investments. All in all, good read.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 8, 2016
Good read but it constantly demotivates you from stock investing suggesting other ways to invest your money. It basically says that if you are looking to gain money in just a short while, don't stock invest and use other ways of investing. Says stock investing is for long term investment. It's a really good read though and explains a lot of stuff that I didn't know before.
on January 24, 2013
This very nicely written book walks the reader through the 'language'' of stock markets. The review of the masters
of investing is very helpful so the investor can choose the path that suits him best. I like the author being candid about his own experiences. The book serves as a reference for several 'must read' authors for the serious investor.
The book proposes an investing philosophy with some thirty metrics checklist and fufill it's goal of investing in a company as tough you were going to buy the company.