Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on September 22, 2017
Took me a while to wrap my head around this behemoth! But well worth it.
on August 23, 2017
This book is probably good if you're much smarter than me.
on July 19, 2017
Hoftstadter does Lewis Carol better than Lewis Carol. Wish I had written this book myself.

While it may not be obvious at the outset, the main purpose of this book is to explain how Godel proved that true mathematical statements exist for which no proofs can exist. He did this using meta-mathematics to construct positive integers that encode statements about positive integers. A sequence of such integers results in this statement (translated into English): "I am true but unprovable."
on June 12, 2017
Good quality book. Don't avoid the bookseller, their product is good.

But the book was silly. I didn't read it.
on February 6, 2017
Not a particularly easy read, but this book is filled with enough ideas, puzzles, and thought experiments to keep you busy for ages! This is probably one of my favourite books of all time.
on September 20, 2016
Good read. I wish there was an audiobook version.
on July 18, 2016
GEB is a real tour-de-force exploration of computing, art, and cognition. A lot of people have a hard time describing what GEB is “about”, but the central thesis can be boiled down to “interesting things happen when a system is allowed to undergo recursion”. At 800+ pages, it’s a project, but quite worth it. Five stars.
on June 1, 2016
Loved the book. Still reading. Thought provoking
on March 1, 2016
Superb!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 17, 2016
Blew my mind. Get it.
One person found this helpful