countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 20, 2013
I have not been able to get through the whole book ... but I will. It is well written and the subject matter is revealing but somehow I was expecting something else I guess.
So, its OK but not great for me.
on January 20, 2004
Ken Dryden is one impressive individual. There is no doubting that. I was amazed at the quality of the writing in this book. It is literature. I have read quite a few biographies of sports legends, some have been good and some not so good. I was really looking forward to reading this book especially since all of the reviews were so positive. I welcomed the idea of a well written book by an intelligent athlete. But, I regretfully have to say that this book is less intersting than I had hoped. Dryden provides you with a perspective of hockey life that I seriously doubt that you will get from any other human being on the planet. He made me realize how little time I spend analyzing my own life, at least what I believe to be the less important aspects of it. I found myself amazed at how keenly observant he is about the little stuff. But, as much as I appreciate his intellect, I have to say that this book contains a little too much introspection and not enough details about hockey and the players in it to satisfy me. I am glad that I read it and I would recommend it to fans, but I kept waiting for a little something more and it never quite came. This man has some important things to say though about life in general and for that reason alone the book is worth reading.