countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 6, 2010
I read this book in one night! It was an incredibly helpful primer on the condo buying process -- and really opened my eyes to the potential pitfalls of pre-build buying. It definitely made me a more savvy buyer. It's a fantastic read as a quick-read crash course. Although I would always ALWAYS recommend speaking to a real estate agent who has condo buying/selling experience before venturing out to look at -- and certainly before purchasing -- a place. There are things that a competent agent will know that the book doesn't/can't cover such as: a builder's reputation for providing exactly what they promised, on time and on budget; what a location's specific resale viability is, etc. Bought this book with "Mortgages Made Easy: The All-Canadian Guide to Home Financing". Together they were a perfect one-two punch primer for this first time home/condo buyer. Makes both processes (getting a mortgage and buying a place) seem more manageable and far less stressful.
on December 30, 2010
I found this book extremely helpful for a first time condo buyer. I feel more confident now about the steps to follow when I find the right condo to buy. Very comprehensive and practical information. I would highly recommend this book.