countdown boutiques-francophones Beauty Furniture Kindle sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 9, 2017
Interesting story, compellingly written. Hard for me to put down as I wanted to find out what happened in each chapter. Not a how to book, but great stories of how he did his thing back in the day, both successes and failures. I found it well written and interesting as the subject matter can be difficult to work with. Moved along at a good pace as well. Worthwhile read for anyone with an interest in the stock market or an underdog type of story.
on April 12, 2017
Fantastic read. No tips or tricks on trading is provided. But great read for all traders.
on March 21, 2017
It was a really fun book, it's really interesting to see how the stock market world was before robot advisers and etfs.
on April 19, 2017
very lovely book to read
on April 23, 2017
I cannot find another one better than this book!
on November 27, 2001
I have a library of nearly 100 books about the markets. Reminiscences was the third book I ever read and it remains my "bible" more than a decade later. You might wonder how an 80-year old book about the stock market could still be relevant. Well, that is because financial markets are determined by human nature as much as anything else, and human nature acts today as it did a century ago. Greed, fear, herd thinking, impatience - those are the same influences that drive markets today and haunt traders and investors who are striving to make the right decisions. Many of the lessons that dictate my investment philosophy ("Cut your losses, let your winners run", "if you don't like the odds, don't bet") were taught to me by the protagonist, who is the fictional characterization of the legendary Jesse Livermore. That he tells his stories with such color and suspense makes the book completely entertaining beyond its invaluable trading lessons. BUY THIS BOOK FOR YOURSELF. BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR A FRIEND (I've given 4 copies). You'll not only improve your own investing results, but your gift will impress as well.
on October 7, 2008
This is a classic book on trading and market speculation, and is still the best introduction to the subject. The author was one of the most successful traders of all time, gaining and losing massive fortunes multiple times in his life. The experience that is passed on in the book is priceless and accelerates one's development as a trader immensely.
on June 16, 2017
it really works Came in ontime and product is new and perfect. it's good for the small object Met all expectations Very good quality. I hesitated whether to buy before, but when I got it, I have to say I made a nice decision to buy this.
on March 15, 2004
What makes a classic a classic? It's that the truths taught so many years ago are still true today.
Jesse Livermore in this book written nearly a century ago (minus just a few years) teaches us truths of the market. And those truths hold today.
How much does news help your trades? How much do friends and tipsters help your trades? How much do YOU help others by telling them about your trades?
Jesse reveals why you should ignore the news (you'll always be the last to hear it, learn that), ignore friends and family (when it comes to stock tips), and stop giving advice too. All three are disasters for you and everybody else.
The market is there to tell its own story. You can study the tape (using Livermore's language) and with practice and some knack for the skill, you can learn to trade successfully. Livermore got rich by sticking to his plans and by making sure the market itself was the only thing he studied.
I don't think this book will teach you what to do as much as it trains you to STOP doing things that detract you and distract you from what the market is trying to tell you all the time. Listen to the market and you'll make some cash.
on May 18, 2014
After getting some great knowledge about how to handle growth stocks in The Perfect Trader: How To Make Money Trading Stocks Like The Investing Legends (A great book by the way) I realized I wanted to learn the root of trading. It constantly refers to the great Jesse Livermore as an Investing Legend.

So if I wanted to know more about the root of trading stocks, there's no better place to start off than the great life of Jesse Livermore! His life was truly amazing as he went from rags to riches several times. Each time he touched the bottom he managed to learn some great insights from his errors. My favorite part remains “the old partridge” one as it really says it all “it’s a bull market you know!” You learn the habiIity to sit tight with a great stock.

JL was a trader who understands very well that the way to make big money in the market was by acting only when the odds "favor our play".

Here are some of my favorite Livermore's quotes worth studying to become a better trader:

-"There's nothing new in Wall Street, there can't be because speculation is as old as the hills"
-"I have come to feel that it is a necessary to know how to read myself as to know how to read the tape"
-"It never was my thinking that made me money. It always was my sitting. My sitting tight, got that!"

I highly recommend this book to every traders, new or experienced ones!